Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finished my 2nd quilt top! Any ideas for quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-my-2nd-quilt-top-any-ideas-quilting-t71728.html)

CindyinNY 10-22-2010 09:20 PM

No advice from this beginner but wanted to say how beautiful your quilt is! I love purple too. What pattern is this? I know I know it but just cant' think of it right now.

karenm36 10-22-2010 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by CindyinNY
No advice from this beginner but wanted to say how beautiful your quilt is! I love purple too. What pattern is this? I know I know it but just cant' think of it right now.

Thank you! This is called Hopscotch from Starlight Studios. It's basically a 9 patch but the 3 strip sashing really enhances the blocks I think. Since I'm new to quilting I chose this because it's well suited for a beginner and helped me to learn to keep my 1/4 inch seam allowance more consistent. I think I'll be trying something with triangles on my next one. Good luck...I think you'll get tons of support and encouragement on this board.

alaskasunshine 10-22-2010 09:26 PM

Stunning!

I think since your quilt is very traditional looking that "Cross Hatching would be awesome and then for the borders I would write your loved ones names on that. Please post pix of it as you go or when you finish it. Truly a beautiful and memorable quilt! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

karenm36 10-22-2010 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
Stunning!

I think since your quilt is very traditional looking that "Cross Hatching would be awesome and then for the borders I would write your loved ones names on that. Please post pix of it as you go or when you finish it. Truly a beautiful and memorable quilt! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Oh I like that idea also! It is a traditional type quilt...I did that intentionally to reflect my grandmother and the era in which she lived. This would certainly keep to that theme. Thanks for your input!

Lilrain 10-22-2010 11:38 PM

I like to stitch 1/4" away from the ditch. That way if I waiver just a little it is not obvious. I use the edge of my presser foot for a gage. You might think of doing something like that on part of your beautiful quilt. Then the stitching becomes part of the design of the quilt also.

tooMuchFabric 10-23-2010 12:22 AM

I want that headboard.

rosemaynes 10-23-2010 07:21 AM

Very pretty and very nice work.

Lynneander 10-23-2010 07:32 AM

What a lovely tribute to the special women in your life. I would, like some of the other women suggested, use SID and then add a special flower both women liked. Whatever you decide,the quilt is beautiful!

clem55 10-23-2010 10:26 AM

lovely quilt.. nice colors

nativetexan 10-23-2010 11:22 AM

sorry,I couldn't stop looking at your bed headboard!! jeesh, that's gorgeous. The quilt is too. i'd do straight lines through the colored sqs and a design in the white ones.