Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Finished my second Dear Jane top! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/finished-my-second-dear-jane-top-t84177.html)

mcb1180 12-21-2010 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by karenfae
Just this morning I managed to finished my second dear jane top - of course it still needs to be quilted and I won't get around to doing that for awhile - here is a photo --
edited: more photos on my blog

Beautiful quilt, but I have to ask...

If insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results...

What do you call revisiting insanity?

amma 12-21-2010 02:15 PM

WOW!!! Your 2nd? I love it :D:D:D

karenfae 12-21-2010 02:22 PM

(Beautiful quilt, but I have to ask...

If insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results...

What do you call revisiting insanity?)

I'm not quite sure what you are asking - the first Dear Jane quilt that I did I named "Insanity" as I felt I was insane to get started on it as it can drive you nuts after awhile - but yet when I finished it I missed working on those little pieces so I started another one and felt that the title "Insanity Revisited" was an appropriate name for it. A lot of people who work on dear Jane quilts give them names as you work on them for so. Also I give all of my quilts a name.

TFquilter 12-21-2010 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by karenfae
Just this morning I managed to finished my second dear jane top - of course it still needs to be quilted and I won't get around to doing that for awhile - here is a photo --
edited: more photos on my blog

Stunning...:)

galvestonangel 12-21-2010 02:39 PM

Beautiful, a nice legacy to your daughter.

quilt3311 12-21-2010 02:42 PM

You have to be kidding!! You actually did this twice? Two gals in my guild worked for 3 years to get the blocks and border done on their quilts. They are gorgeous though and would be a real challenge. Maybe someday, I do have the pattern and CD.

granny6x13542 12-21-2010 02:43 PM

I'm still trying to find the patience to finish the first one. Congratulations of a great job!

kwiltkrazy 12-21-2010 02:53 PM

Lovely quilt. How long did it take you to finish it, it is so intricate. The blocks look really complicated, are they paper pieced. The triangular border pieces look spectacular. I forgot to say, I love your color choice.

KellyK 12-21-2010 03:15 PM

Wow! Just amazing, I made DH take a look, he was in awe!

karenfae 12-21-2010 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Lovely quilt. How long did it take you to finish it, it is so intricate. The blocks look really complicated, are they paper pieced. The triangular border pieces look spectacular. I forgot to say, I love your color choice.

no it isn't paper pieced, it is hand pieced and needle turn applique and reverse applique - some of the blocks are very complicated it took me 383 hours I believe (I have it written down but not handy) I shaved 90 hours off of the time compared to doing it the first time (same method)
I lot of people do it by machine and do paper piecing for some blocks. I just like hand piecing and choose that.

thank you everyone for your compliment on the quilt and the colors - I love the colors too :)