Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Firefighter Quilt & My Best Friend When he got it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/firefighter-quilt-my-best-friend-when-he-got-t87081.html)

LovingIzabella 01-02-2011 01:29 PM

8 Attachment(s)
I had been working on a firefighter quilt for my best friend's 40th birthday (which is the day after Christmas) and I finally saw him yesterday and was able to give it to him. He almost cried when he opened it and he said he loves it and how do I top that was what he asked lol
Here are some pictures of it and him with it.
Hugs
April

Label made by Gail-R on here
[ATTACH=CONFIG]152086[/ATTACH]

frugalfabrics 01-02-2011 01:31 PM

beautiful - love the flames

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 01-02-2011 01:33 PM

I don't see "him" but what I see of your quilt and quilting I absolutely love. No wonder he was amazed. Your quilting is just phenominal (sp? lol). Great job. Thanks for sharing.

np3 01-02-2011 01:35 PM

Great job on the quilting!

LovingIzabella 01-02-2011 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt
I don't see "him" but what I see of your quilt and quilting I absolutely love. No wonder he was amazed. Your quilting is just phenominal (sp? lol). Great job. Thanks for sharing.

Oh I wish I could take credit for the quilting as it is absolutely phenomenal but it was done by a member of the board here. I pieced the top and did the binding-the actual quilting and the label were done by others (maybe someday I will be able to do both!)
Thank you for your kind words.
Hugs
April

ann clare 01-02-2011 01:36 PM

Beautiful quilt.

suebee 01-02-2011 01:37 PM

wow, very nice. He looks amazed at what you did for him.

Lizzytish 01-02-2011 01:39 PM

He looks very proud of all your beautiful work.

Ms. Shawn 01-02-2011 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
I had been working on a firefighter quilt for my best friend's 40th birthday (which is the day after Christmas) and I finally saw him yesterday and was able to give it to him. He almost cried when he opened it and he said he loves it and how do I top that was what he asked lol
Here are some pictures of it and him with it.
Hugs
April

That is just wonderful!! A truely stunning quilt for a wonderful person!! My youngest son Blake 19 has been a Volunteer Fireman for about four year's and is learning more and more about it everyday. I am now making him a Fireman blanket not quilted, I will try to make quilts after some lesson's! I love the fabric's you used and the label is Great!! :XD: :thumbup:

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 01-02-2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella

Originally Posted by Snorky Lvs2Quilt

Oh I wish I could take credit for the quilting as it is absolutely phenomenal but it was done by a member of the board here. I pieced the top and did the binding-the actual quilting and the label were done by others (maybe someday I will be able to do both!)
Thank you for your kind words.
Hugs
April

His pic just now came thru and he looks astonished, as well he should. I too usually have others quilt my quilts...and even do my binding. I am just not patient enough for hand work. I am always anxious to get to the next project. lol
Hugs to you from a fellow quilter,
Diane