Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   First GD for me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/first-gd-me-t7920.html)

Marcia 06-08-2008 07:47 AM

Congrats on your first granddaughter. As Grammy to three little girls, I can tell you that there is NOTHING like it in the world!!! Cannot wait to see pics! Love the quilt and your daughter and granddaughter will too!

Izy 06-08-2008 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Originally Posted by Izy
Congratulations Grannie Elle!!, glad everything went well, love her name, where did they get the Heatherley from? :D thats original, I have a niece called Faye, it's a scottish name isn't it??

Hi Izy, Thanks it took a long time she was in labour 23 hours.
Faye is scottish yes, but Sarah could not make up her mind what to call her and took loads of names into the hospital with her and then never chose any of them, she thought she look like a fairy so hence Faye. :D

Elle

Elle...Did Sarah know you had put fairies on the quilt?????????????

zyxquilts 06-08-2008 08:17 AM

Oh congratulations GranElle! The quilt is lovely, so beautiful & girly too! I hope you get to see her soon - Faye is bound to be to be stunningly beautiful & almost unbearably brilliant. She was born on MY birthday, after all! LOL

Butterflyspain 06-08-2008 08:20 AM

Elle...Did Sarah know you had put fairies on the quilt?????????????[/quote]

Yes she had done the bedroom up with a fairy motif so she asked when I did the quilt could I put the fairies on. That name just had to be... but I really like it. Quite unusual too. Heather is her Mumīs name so hence the Heatherly.

Butterflyspain 06-08-2008 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by zyxquilts
Oh congratulations GranElle! The quilt is lovely, so beautiful & girly too! I hope you get to see her soon - Faye is bound to be to be stunningly beautiful & almost unbearably brilliant. She was born on MY birthday, after all! LOL

Nice one .... :lol: :lol: of course how COULD she be anything else. :D

Elle

QuiltingTurtle 06-08-2008 09:03 AM

Congratulations!! Your quilt is beautiful. I am sure she will love it :)

Harmony 06-08-2008 10:22 AM

Love your quilt! I'm sure it will be treasured for many, many years! Congratulations on your new GD! Lots of fun in store for you and "Abuelo"!

jacquemoe 06-09-2008 08:40 AM

Congratulations! That's a very sweet quilt. Faye Heatherly is a beautiful name.

Diamonds 06-09-2008 08:48 AM

The quilt is gorgeous.. However I am also hoping to see pics of the new baby..

Congrats on the new GD.. They are blessings..

Butterflyspain 06-09-2008 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by zyxquilts

Sorry, just realised I didnīt wish you a Happy Birthday.. :oops: Hope you had a great one. All good wishes to you. Elle