Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: First GD for me

Sorry to dissapoint, we havenīt yet got pictures of her yet, she was born yesterday, Mum and baby doing fine, she is in England we are in Spain. However now her name has been decided on I managed to finish the label for her quilt. So sharing that for the moment will show her off to you all when we get pics.... :D :D :D :D :D :D

For those who havenÂīt seen her quilt here it is again
    Name:  Attachment-11542.jpe
Views: 258
Size:  57.4 KB

Hope you can read her pretty name...
    Faye Heatherly Ann
    Name:  Attachment-11545.jpe
Views: 258
Size:  35.8 KB

A very lovely quilt, and a pretty name. Congratulations to all :D

Thanks Ruth, my Partner hasnīt slept for a week, she was so late and when we got the phone call this morning it was just perfect and we are all happy now... :D :D

community benefactor collettakay's Avatar
    Congrats!! and beautiful quilt too!

Beautiful quilt.
    I love her name can't wait to see pictures of the little angel.

CONGRATS GRANDMA

Banned
    congradulations first off. The quilt is adoreable and so is the name.

Oh that's adorable. Congratulations!

Izy
    Congratulations Grannie Elle!!, glad everything went well, love her name, where did they get the Heatherley from? :D thats original, I have a niece called Faye, it's a scottish name isn't it??

Oh Congratulations!! Beautiful welcoming gift for your little Heatherley. I'm sure she's beautiful as well. Mommy & Daddy will have her wrapped up snuggly warm in her gift from Gram very soon (and hopefully for the night very soon as well :-) ) Wishing you and yours the very best & some good sleep, too.

Butterflyspain, Congratulatins! Hope you get pictures soon! The quilt is awsome and I love her name!

Congratulations :!: :!: :!: What a lovely quilt and a beautiful name. I sure that you can't wait to get your hands on her. When will you actually get to see her? Yes please keep us posted and show us pics as soon as you get them.

How beautiful and congratulations!!! Grandbabies are the best :):):) And I am sure this is the first quilt of many for her :):) Now, go take a nap- you've earned it :)

Best wishes on your new grandbaby! Can't wiat to see the pictures!

That is such a pretty little girl quilt, I love her name. Bet you can't wait to hold her, CONGRATULATIONS

Oh congrats to you and grandpa!!! Such a pretty quilt!! I noticed on the quilt lable " with Abuelo's help", did he actually work on the quilt? That would really make it a doubly special quilt!

Blog Entries
    What a fun quilt, charming and whimsical. I LOVE the fairies. There's lots to look at in it and your GD now has plenty of characters for her bedtime stories. The distance between England and Spain has just grown, hasn't it. Enjoy every second with her.
    Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Oh congrats to you and grandpa!!! Such a pretty quilt!! I noticed on the quilt lable " with Abuelo's help", did he actually work on the quilt? That would really make it a doubly special quilt!
    My thanks to everyone for their Good Wishes and Congratulations. Yep Grandpa had some input but not sewing. He resized some photos I took off the net to make patterns for Jemmima Puddleduck and Peter Rabbit, so just had to give him some street cred :lol: :lol:

We love her name too, she had loads and could not make up her mind so she took the list into the hospital with her and when she saw her she named her. Faye is actually a scottish name, although the reason she chose it was because she thought she looked like a little fairy. There are fairies on the quilt too... :D :D

I will post her pic when I can. Unfortunately may be some time before we can go to see her. Elle

Quote Originally Posted by b.zang
    What a fun quilt, charming and whimsical. I LOVE the fairies. There's lots to look at in it and your GD now has plenty of characters for her bedtime stories. The distance between England and Spain has just grown, hasn't it. Enjoy every second with her.
    Congratulations.
    B.zang, you are not kidding wish I could just jump in the car and go, well I could but doing that last time it took 3 days. We had to travel right up the middle of Spain (we live in the South) to Santander, we had a stop over then on to Santander some 1,200 miles, overnight on the boat and then on to Kent in England would be another 5 hours travel. boo hoo :(
    Never mind as long as she is healthy thats all we all want for our children.

Elle

Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Congratulations Grannie Elle!!, glad everything went well, love her name, where did they get the Heatherley from? :D thats original, I have a niece called Faye, it's a scottish name isn't it??
    Hi Izy, Thanks it took a long time she was in labour 23 hours.
    Faye is scottish yes, but Sarah could not make up her mind what to call her and took loads of names into the hospital with her and then never chose any of them, she thought she look like a fairy so hence Faye. :D

Elle

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Gorgeous quilt. Wow. :D

Congrats on your first granddaughter. As Grammy to three little girls, I can tell you that there is NOTHING like it in the world!!! Cannot wait to see pics! Love the quilt and your daughter and granddaughter will too!

Izy
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy
    Hi Izy, Thanks it took a long time she was in labour 23 hours.
    Faye is scottish yes, but Sarah could not make up her mind what to call her and took loads of names into the hospital with her and then never chose any of them, she thought she look like a fairy so hence Faye. :D

Elle
    Elle...Did Sarah know you had put fairies on the quilt?????????????

Oh congratulations GranElle! The quilt is lovely, so beautiful & girly too! I hope you get to see her soon - Faye is bound to be to be stunningly beautiful & almost unbearably brilliant. She was born on MY birthday, after all! LOL

Elle...Did Sarah know you had put fairies on the quilt?????????????[/quote]

Yes she had done the bedroom up with a fairy motif so she asked when I did the quilt could I put the fairies on. That name just had to be... but I really like it. Quite unusual too. Heather is her Mumīs name so hence the Heatherly.

Quote Originally Posted by zyxquilts
    Oh congratulations GranElle! The quilt is lovely, so beautiful & girly too! I hope you get to see her soon - Faye is bound to be to be stunningly beautiful & almost unbearably brilliant. She was born on MY birthday, after all! LOL
    Nice one .... :lol: :lol: of course how COULD she be anything else. :D

Elle

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast