Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   First Panto Finished (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/first-panto-finished-t11176.html)

Quilt4u 09-13-2008 10:45 AM

Great job. Love every thing about it.

Feathers 09-13-2008 12:39 PM

Janeen:
I made this very same quilt for my sister in light and dark blue and white. It's great seeing yours in the fallish colors. I don't have a quilting machine but I quilted it "quilt in the ditch" and I was very, very pleased with how it turned out. Thanks for sharing yours. Enjoy your quilt machine. I'd love to have one but I don't have room for one in my sewing room and I wouldn't feel right taking up ANOTHER chunk of our home for another sewing machine...I have 5 machines already! :lol: :-o

Kyiav10 09-13-2008 12:48 PM

Beautiful work!!!

Kyia

sewnsewer2 09-13-2008 02:43 PM

Great job!

SaraSewing 09-13-2008 03:52 PM

That is a very attractive quilt. You sure did a nice job.

Barb M 09-13-2008 07:08 PM

Oh your quilt is beautiful, and the quilting is just gorgeous! What pattern is your quilt? Very pretty :)

QuiltingWithMissy 09-14-2008 08:32 AM

[quote=Janeen]

Originally Posted by Loretta
Looks good! Glad you are enjoying the process! Will you eventually quilt for others?

thanks, all...

I have no intention of quilting for others... for several reasons..

1. remember there is a quilt shop close enough that people can go there and they are VERY VERY reasonable - I had the very nice ladies there do some 4 or 5 quilts for me and they did a great job - but I have so many that when we added it all up it really made sense to get our own outfit (meaning DH and I)
for starters I think it would be really rude to even attempt to compete with them - as DH says, "they are trying to make a living"

2. I don't want *my* machine tied up with somebody else's quilt :!:

3. I've reached the age that I certainly don't want my TIME tied up with somebody else's quilt :!: :!:

4. I have horrible visions of somebody absolutely HATING what I did with their quilt and refusing to pay and possibly even saying *I* have to pay THEM for the fabric etc (in fact, I talked to one of the quilt shop ladies yesterday and she said THEY have the same fear)

5. and no, I wouldn't let anybody else USE this machine either!!

I don't recall anybody saying 'here, use this machine' before we got this!! 8)

[/quote

Ouch, That don't sound to friendly.

I vote with June, I am willing to share. Heck if I have a friend that needs a quilt quilted fast. I will even take my quilt off the frame for them.
And as far as making money doing other people's quilts. I have never asked to do any one's quilt. But I have already been asked to do 3 since I got my machine and frame back the 16th. of Aug. And was asked to hand quilt several before I got the new system.. Never asked for any of them. But I am not going to turn down the money ether. Not in these hard times. Happy Quilting every one. Misty

Janeen 09-14-2008 01:16 PM

do I have to be friendly?

what you said didn't sound too friendly either