Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fist Quilt for 2013 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fist-quilt-2013-a-t210260.html)

imnywoman 01-08-2013 04:47 PM

Wow, that's some journey you are embarking upon!! Your fabric choice is beautiful.. Please keep us posted on your progress. I will be looking forward to it! Good luck

playswithcolor 01-08-2013 05:12 PM

I cant believe it! I also bought the book and papers thinking this quilt was in it.... Please post your progress.... I would love any tips you can provide as its still on my to do list.

sewdamncute 01-08-2013 06:16 PM

Your color selection is perfect for that quilt...it'll be stuning! Have fun with it!

quiltingcurious 01-08-2013 06:55 PM

That is dazzling, it looks like you are well stocked to start this complicated process, you must have a lot of determination!

Rosyhf 01-08-2013 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover (Post 5771555)
I've ordered freezer paper in pkgs, ready to go thru your printer from www.cjenkinscompany.com. Depending on how many seams you've got, I can usually get 6 -8 uses from one freezer paper piece. I wouldn't want to be sewing thru paper and then have to pick it all out. I only PP w/ freezer paper now.

I wish I could do the pattern through the printer. The pattern is huge so it wouldn't fit. I only made one FP. I get a lot out of one FP pattern. I iron very lightly and it does make it last.

Rosyhf 01-08-2013 08:07 PM

Ok, did I say a couple hours? hahahahaha...oh lord! I cut enough strips for one block or so. I have just finished four rows on the pineapple blocks. My strips are labled and in order of progress. I will post direction and pics tomorrow.....

kittiebug 01-09-2013 12:44 AM

I love that quilt, I also have that book so please leat us know how it goe's... Good Luck :D

Minnesewta-sam 01-09-2013 02:58 AM

All I can say is you are one brave soul. I don't know that I could keep all the colors straight without much frog stitching. Good luck and thanks so much for sharing. Can't wait to see the progress on this one.

Rosyhf 01-09-2013 01:37 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I have finished the starter block. I always do one block of any quilt that I am unfamiliar with. Already I can see a couple things I must do for the next blocks. I very pleased with the way the block came out. After working out the details and doing a lot of notes on the pattern (to avoid confusion) I can now proceed without caution lol.

The block is made out of four cross over section and these are done with your lightest colors, the ring, which goes accross the middle of the block, is a choice of dark colors, then the point to point is also a choice of dark colors. One end of the point is part of the fairy ring fabric and the other point will disappear into the square pineapple blocks. Even tho a pineapple block in the square is easy to make, doing it on a diamond is a bit challenging but can be accomplished by following the numbers and tagging your fabric strips to match.

Here is a pic of the pattern itself where I have scrolled red down the four cross over light strips. I also added an extra dark strip to the point ends. I will think about adding another strip in the next block and see if I like that even better.

The third pic shows my strips organized and labled in the way they go on the block.

the fourth pic shows the beginning of the block.

Rosyhf 01-09-2013 01:39 PM

4 Attachment(s)
This is the finished block and some close ups of the sections.