Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Flower Quilt just finished (King Size) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/flower-quilt-just-finished-king-size-t46373.html)

Pam Pollock 05-27-2010 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mary Alice
This is beautiful. Do you have the name of the pattern?
I love flower fabric but lately have steered away from the large florals as they were too difficult to put into a quilt and do them justice. This quilt is just the answer.

Sorry, I took so long to see your question.
I found this pattern in www.keepsakequilting.com
The name of the pattern is Terry's Flower Bed. It can be purchased as a pattern or as a kit. Have fun collecting!! :-D

Pam Pollock 05-27-2010 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by franie
I love this. Did you use the state flower fabrics? I plan to do something like this one. I have had the fabrics forever. Good job.

I don't think I used any state flower fabrics but I couldn't swear to it. I just went for the largest prints I could find & tried to make sure that most of them had some green in them. I stayed away from the light colored backgrounds with big floral prints for the most part. Have fun!! I sure did!

Pam

Pam Pollock 05-27-2010 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by waquilter
Very pretty. I'm still gathering floral fabrics and I agree that is part of the fun. I've also seen it done up in juvenile prints both for a girl and for a boy. The boy one used reds for the sashing.

I've seen the shadow box done with juvenile prints inside also (at a baby shower) & I thought it was a great quilt. For a juvenile quilt I'd want to use brighter sashing too.

Rainbow 05-31-2010 05:45 AM

I,too, was unable to open the two files.... mystery.

Originally Posted by wildyard
I was unable to open the two files but the one photo was enough to capture my heart. I too, am a flower lover and gardener and this quilt is so beautiful. I would love to learn this framing the squares technique, it really adds depth and definition to each one.

wildyard 05-31-2010 07:35 AM

Any chance there will be a tutorial on making the frame look around the squares? smiles and hugggggs

Pam Pollock 05-31-2010 03:13 PM

Any chance there will be a tutorial on making the frame look around the squares? smiles and hugggggs

AaaaaaHHHH :D I'll see if I can come up with something. I've never done a tutorial on here before.

craftybear 05-31-2010 06:29 PM

wow

Pam Pollock 06-01-2010 01:34 AM

Hello, just wanted to let you know that I added a tutorial for Shadow Box 45 deg mitered corners. Check in the Home section under tutorials. Hope you will find it helpful. :D

quilting memaw 06-01-2010 01:45 AM

That is beautiful! It's like looking though a window of wild flowers! Makes me want to run out and smell all of them!

wildyard 06-01-2010 05:15 AM

Originally Posted by Pam Pollock

Hello, just wanted to let you know that I added a tutorial for Shadow Box 45 deg mitered corners. Check in the Home section under tutorials. Hope you will find it helpful. :D

Oh thank you, thank you!!! I have bookmarked this and promise to be using it for a quilt!