Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   FMQ Playtime (Craftsy Class Homework) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fmq-playtime-craftsy-class-homework-t209830.html)

azwendyg 01-04-2013 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by sandyl (Post 5761025)
I"ve tried FMQ only once or maybe twice, is this a class that you would recommend for a true FMQ beginner?

Sandy, I sent you a PM, but thought I'd also answer here in case anyone else has the same question:

I believe this class is structured so that anyone who is interested improving there FMQ skills will gain valuable knowledge from it. Even though I am focusing on the later lessons because I've been FMQing for about 3 1/2 years now, Cindy Needham does cover quite a bit of basic stuff in the first half of the class that you should find quite useful now, AND, if I understand correctly, you can keep accessing a Craftsy class as long/as many times as you want. If you sign up for this class now and spend some time working on the first few lessons, you should be able to come back for the more advanced topics whenever you're ready. The design concepts in this class are fantastic, and she breaks everything down into do-able components for us. I wish I'd known some of this stuff sooner for sure!

Wendy

newestnana 01-05-2013 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by sandyl (Post 5761025)
I"ve tried FMQ only once or maybe twice, is this a class that you would recommend for a true FMQ beginner?

I don't see this as a beginner's class (I've taken several). It focuses on the actual quilting designs, rather than on how to get started and, well, manipulate the quilt. Her designs are pretty intricate, and because of the density of the quilting might be more appropriate for a wall hanging or show quilt than, say, a bed or lap quilt. I'm not sure which is the best for beginners but I think Ann Peterson's Quilting Large Projects on a Small Machine was excellent and covered the basics (I loved that course). Lots of excellent hints?

BizzieLizzie 01-05-2013 06:56 PM

Well done and a beautiful job! :)

Slow2Sew 02-11-2013 02:08 PM

Gorgeous work!

Peggybluebird 02-11-2013 05:32 PM

Your work inspires me to press on, and really practice on some fabric pieces. I always get to the quilting phase of a project and want to be able to do what you showed us in your post, but don't spend enough time practicing on the skills needed to be able to do it well. Thanks for shaking up my thinking! I, too, love the Craftsy classes and have learned so much from each one! Thanks so much for this post!

ScrapQuilter 02-11-2013 07:07 PM

one word came to mind WOW

MDQuilter 02-11-2013 07:24 PM

This is amazing! I want to be able to do this. I'm going to look into the class right now. Thanks for showing your wonderful work.

knlsmith 02-11-2013 07:56 PM

Very nice! Love it!

blueangel 02-12-2013 04:27 PM

Wow, good job..

sew4nin 02-12-2013 05:21 PM

WOW! I am impressed. Are you using a frame?