Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Folded Fabric - From Izy's Tute! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/folded-fabric-izys-tute-t154440.html)

reeskylr 09-20-2011 11:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, so I had some material that was really 'loud', but it worked well with black and white.

I decided to try out Izy's Folded Fabric in the Tute section. Hehe, I like it, I am a bit off in spots due to the learning experience. But it turned out well. She wanted us to post if we made something. I'm still debating on Tote or Pillow. :)

From Izy's Tute!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]259803[/ATTACH]

ann clare 09-20-2011 11:50 AM

Beautiful

QuiltnNan 09-20-2011 12:19 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Izy 09-20-2011 12:35 PM

WOO HOO!!!

That looks amazing!! So have you decided what you are gonna make with it yet??

Thanks for showing us all and I am glad you were able to follow my instructions ..did you find it easy?? :-D

Izaquilter 09-20-2011 12:38 PM

ohhhh I see how it's done. There was a quilt in Paducah like that one year & I always said I want to try it but still haven't! Errrr too many projects to do all!

reeskylr 09-20-2011 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
WOO HOO!!!

Thanks for showing us all and I am glad you were able to follow my instructions ..did you find it easy?? :-D

Not sure yet. The black fabric I have for a backing is really thin. I was thinking a tote.

Yeah it was easy once I got started, then realized I didn't have the perfect quarter inch. HA! So now I know where I messed up, but that's ok. It's the quirkiness in things I like :)

scrapngmom 09-20-2011 01:41 PM

Interesting. I will have to look up that tutorial.

Izy 09-20-2011 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr

Originally Posted by Izy
WOO HOO!!!

Not sure yet. The black fabric I have for a backing is really thin. I was thinking a tote.

Yeah it was easy once I got started, then realized I didn't have the perfect quarter inch. HA! So now I know where I messed up, but that's ok. It's the quirkiness in things I like :)

That's why I recommended the 1/4" foot as you can't see your guide and I guess you had to wing it...I suppose you could draw your stitch line on the top background, that would work :idea:

You are so right! the quirks are what makes each project an original!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D :-D :-D

blueangel 09-20-2011 02:30 PM

Neat

CoventryUK 09-20-2011 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by reeskylr
Ok, so I had some material that was really 'loud', but it worked well with black and white.

I decided to try out Izy's Folded Fabric in the Tute section. Hehe, I like it, I am a bit off in spots due to the learning experience. But it turned out well. She wanted us to post if we made something. I'm still debating on Tote or Pillow. :)

That looks good!! Izys tute obviously works!!!!! :thumbup: I never doubted you Izy! :lol: :lol: