Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Forest Hollow (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/forest-hollow-t297554.html)

copycat 06-13-2018 02:14 AM

I see an admirer of your lovely quilt...your sweet faced dog. The quilt is stunning with all your attention to detail in your applique.

One idea for your quilt if you can't find a place to hang it or gift to a friend or family member is to loan it to be hung at your local library in the children's book area. (my friend did this). She was told it will be hung during the spring and summer months and then she can pick it up. She went often to watch peoples reactions to her quilt and gained so much joy from the admirers.

quiltqueen61 06-13-2018 04:20 AM

It is just darling...love the colors....

petpainter 06-13-2018 04:28 AM

Oh this quilt brings back such memories for me! It was the first quilt I ever made! My Aunt in Australia loves owls and I gifted it to her. The fabrics were so beautiful-fussy cutting the feathers and adding 3D butterflies! It really is a beautiful quilt that you must find a great home for after so much work! I'm glad you finished it!!

lorimax5859 06-13-2018 04:53 AM

I love your quilt. Surely you will find some place to put it - it needs to be looked at.

EmiliasNana 06-13-2018 06:28 AM

I love it, but then I love most of McKenna Ryan's stuff. I did a small wall hanging for my college roommate that she had framed and hung on the cornice of her kitchen facing the living area. I have two more kits for myself but have yet gotten the nerve to start them. One will hang in the guest room and the other in our office above the door frame, as we have cathedral ceilings in there. Please don't shove yours in the closet. It deserves a place of honor, if not in your house, in someone else's house who loves it. You did a fabulous job!

thimblebug6000 06-13-2018 06:48 AM

Thank you everyone for your kind words. I will make a hanging sleeve and label this week just in case. I do have one space behind my computer screen that I could "squish" it into, but need to wait until someone can hold it up there for me. I don't want to have to paint my walls to hang it :D
My little grand puggy thinks that every quilt is hers...but not this one!

klswift 06-13-2018 07:24 AM

I think it is beautiful and would make a great addition to any room, whether it is on a bed, hanging on a wall or as a sofa throw blanket. The colors are so pretty and there are so many things to look at. If you really don't want it, I think it would be an outstanding item to auction/raffle at an event.

Bueniebabe 06-13-2018 12:59 PM

I love it
It's beautiful

hobbykat1955 06-13-2018 06:13 PM

It must be showcased...I gave up on sleeves and hang all my quilts no matter the size w/command strips...easy peasy and no holes in the wall...Then I just leave the strips on wall and match up new strips onto the back of another quilt to line up with those wall strips and switch out every mth...This way I get to enjoy all my works...

kittiebug 06-14-2018 02:01 AM

very nice , quilt I see someone else like it also ..:thumbup: