Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fugly Orange Baby Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fugly-orange-baby-quilt-t187086.html)

Halo 04-24-2012 10:43 PM

WOW! I think it is beautiful. I do love orange as it is my favorite color. This quilt is totally awesome. I don't see a thing wrong with it. I would be honored to have this quilt given to me.

scottishmist 04-24-2012 11:34 PM

Hello Kate
I'm just new to the forum and to quilting just started my first quilt and I think it's lovely I would be over the moon if someone give me that lovely quilt as a gift.
Jan

PurpleBecca 04-25-2012 12:20 AM

That is a great quilt! It's a bit wonky, and its very bright. I love bright!!! BUT its not horrible by any means!! It would need to be given to someone who loved the colours, I liked the idea of putting it on your chair and seeing who admired it most. Give the girl no one liked a nice quilt, its better for your soul - of course if she loves modern orange give her this one!!!!!!

earthwalker 04-25-2012 12:23 AM

Originally Posted by Homemother (Post 5167330)
I think this is a really cool quilt! It will probably fit someone's taste. If you don't feel right "gifting" it to someone, take it to work and put it on the back of your chair. Watch how many people walk by and admire it! Give it to the most enthusiastic admirer!!!

I like this quilt too....and what a great idea. As for the "unlikeable, pregnant girl" give her something you find pleasing/beautiful, that would be a good thing to do.

bloomingiris 04-25-2012 05:20 AM

I like it! Very Bright and cheery- you could always applique something on it to break it up- maybe a blue elephant or something like that, either way its very nice>

XYZ123 04-25-2012 05:30 AM

Your fugly is cute.

thenonnielady 04-25-2012 05:34 AM

I did this one in light and medium blues and presented it as a baby shower gift last week. I like your bright colors, good for bigger child....

DebraK 04-25-2012 05:40 AM

I really like it!

Canada Kate 04-25-2012 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by DebbE (Post 5167537)
I like your quilt, but since you feel so strongly about it, donate it -- someone will treasure it. Find out what colors the mama to be wants for baby's room, and make one that will knock her socks off, so she will feel liked and treasured like everyone else does. How sad that no one likes her...it must make it awfully hard for her to get up everyday and go to work having everyone treat her that way. I'd want to make HER a quilt, too, just to set an example for others.

DebbE, you and many others have posted advice similar to this, and I agree with you that I probably should not give it to her. I have 2 more girl baby quilts completed: one purple and one pink - so I think I may give the orange one to charity as so many of you have suggested.

I also think that it would be terrible to not be liked at work, but some of it is self-induced on her part. Regardless, I'd rather have it where most everyone likes working with me. This is one of the reasons why I give a quilt to anyone in my branch: because I am their manager and I don't want it to look like I am picking favourites , and also because I love to quilt.

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice!

quilter68 04-25-2012 06:08 AM

I had to log-in to tell you that I love it! I would be warm under this quilt just because of the colors.