Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Fun mystery quilt flimsy done (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/fun-mystery-quilt-flimsy-done-t306200.html)

jillmc 08-08-2019 10:37 AM

Fun mystery quilt flimsy done

1 Attachment(s)
Found this mystery on a FB group-pattern is by Georgia Goebel, and I don’t believe it has a name! She did this mystery in 2013, I believe, and reposted the clues recently, along with the finished quilt, so technically, not a mystery!
My 7 yr old grandson has been with me a lot this summer, and he is on the autism spectrum. He loves puzzles, so I let him put all of the pieces of this quilt puzzle together for me....he loved it and asked if he could have the quilt.....well, of course! :)
The fabrics are actually leftovers from the quilt I made for his Mom last year.
Waiting on backing to arrive, and hope to get this quilted and bound before he returns to school next week. No idea how to quilt it...yet...

watson's mom 08-08-2019 10:53 AM

Beautiful quilt, I can see why your grandson loves it. Love the colours. Thank you for sharing.

weasier22 08-08-2019 11:25 AM

Your quilt is beautiful! So wonderful to have your grandson be a part of this quilt! He will treasure it forever and remember making it with his Grandma. Thank you for sharing your quilt and special story. It warms my heart.

osewme 08-08-2019 11:39 AM

What a beautiful quilt. So glad your grandson wants it as it will be a forever reminder of the good time he had with you & helping make that quilt.

Tartan 08-08-2019 11:42 AM

​Great top!

Watson 08-08-2019 11:53 AM

Lovely! And your Grandson can say he helped make a quilt on his Summer vacation.

Watson

SuziSew 08-08-2019 12:29 PM

That is fantastic! What a wonderful memory you made with your grandson. Once he gets it home he will be able to compare his quilt to mom's and find matching fabrics!

I really like the pattern...any chance you can post a link to the Facebook page?

jillmc 08-08-2019 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by SuziSew (Post 8286677)
That is fantastic! What a wonderful memory you made with your grandson. Once he gets it home he will be able to compare his quilt to mom's and find matching fabrics!

I really like the pattern...any chance you can post a link to the Facebook page?

I sent you a private message-not sure if I am allowed to link the FB page here, and I don’t know how to link a FB page! Haha

Jingle 08-08-2019 02:36 PM

Beautiful quilt and colors.

QuiltnNan 08-08-2019 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by SuziSew (Post 8286677)
.any chance you can post a link to the Facebook page?

That depends. Some FB pages can be viewed by the public without signing up. If signing up is required to see it, then it is not permitted to be posted here. That being said, many patterns appearing on FB are often hosted elsewhere. If that pattern appears on another site, then go there and link that site page here.