Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Give A Mouse A Cookie? How About, Give A 7 Year Old Your Design Board! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/give-mouse-cookie-how-about-give-7-year-old-your-design-board-t178061.html)

kittiebug 02-05-2012 01:46 PM

WOW , Thats great love your quilt. She did a great job designing your quilt.

:)

Whigrose 02-05-2012 02:37 PM

It's fabulous! I think you have someone with an eye for design.

Best,
d

Quiltlady330 02-05-2012 02:43 PM

Good job. Bet she can teach you a few things about your computer or cell phone, too. Kids are something
else, aren't they? :)

petlover 02-05-2012 05:12 PM

WOW, she did a super job. She may have a calling.

vivoaks 02-05-2012 05:13 PM

Amazing for a 7-year old. Be sure to give her a big hug!

callen 02-05-2012 05:20 PM

Your Design Board

What an incredibly awesome quilt. Give her, her own design board. That girl has talent !!!!!!!

GrannieAnnie 02-05-2012 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ps 150 (Post 4939884)
I had already completed the center panel of spider web blocks and the mini star blocks (these were made from scraps left over after making a Day & Night quilt out of the light gray and purple). I wanted to incorporate the mini stars into a quilt with the spiderweb panel, but was undecided about how to incorporate them.

I had the panel up on my design board and asked my two daughters what they thought. My youngest, age 7, grabbed the mini star blocks and arranged them, alternating on-point blocks with traditionally set blocks. Then, she suggested I use the darker gray (with flecks of purple) as sashing to make it different from the original Day & Night quilt that these cast offs came from. :0 I was floored. This coming from the girl who doesn't have the patience to sit still long enough to learn her multiplication table!

a big thumbs up to the 7 year old.

bamamama 02-05-2012 05:32 PM

She's smarter than she's letting on. Definately has some artistic talent.

Ps 150 02-05-2012 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by DebbE (Post 4944242)
What a beautiful quilt! Love it.

You're going to add your daughters name to the quilt label, right? What a great way to reinforce what a great contribution she made --- and you might just have a little one who wants to learn how to quilt then!

Yes, I had already thought of that. But, I'm not going to tel her until the quilt is done and then I can show it to her before I ship it off to her aunt since it was a gift for my sister.

Ps 150 02-05-2012 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by littlenell7777 (Post 4945157)
You need to buy her a sewing machine, turn her loose and see what happens!! lol Of course, she will need safety lessons first. My granddaughters love to sew, I just slow down the speed, instruct them to keep their fingers away from the needle. Otherwise it's gonna hurt!!!!! Their answer is: I know, MeMe.

Way ahead of you!! :) She has a Janome Quilter's Companion and so does her sister.