Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Good idea. Bad idea. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/good-idea-bad-idea-t53806.html)

Patched 07-12-2010 03:38 AM

I like your quilt and love the colors. They look so warm and cozy.

anicra 07-12-2010 03:44 AM

You're too had on yourself. In my opinion the colors go together very well.

Bevanger 07-12-2010 03:45 AM

I LIKE IT ALOT!

Quilt4u 07-12-2010 03:46 AM

I like it too.

jelly roll 07-12-2010 04:30 AM

I like the contrast.

goodluna 07-12-2010 04:36 AM

i love it

fabric=fun 07-12-2010 05:31 AM

If you are serious about wanting to - break it up a little - I have a quick idea for even a finished quilt. Get a roll of fusible bias tape in a color that would work for your quilt - lay it out and see how you can use it as very narrow strip sashing that you can fuse on and applique with a twin needle to give some definition and added structure to your design.

I really like the use of the bright colors, but as I am into adding embellishing to my quilts, this might help you like your quilt more. It is an add-on that can even be added-on to a finished quilt.

I don't see a close up but depending on what thread and design it is quilted with - it might be possible to use a #12 or # 30 weight decorative thread in a open decorative stitch to make definition lines.

I guess your quilt really speaks to me as having more potential for play. PM me if you have any questions about pursuing any of these ideas.

sunrise450 07-12-2010 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by Arizona Sunrises

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Don't get made at me. I do like the quilt but it is a little busy. Would I use it? heck yeah I would. It is still pretty.

That's exactly my problem with it. There's nothing to break up the busy patterns. I love the fabrics...just not together.

However, I'm entirely too lazy to take it apart and add sashing. :lol:

I would finish it just like it is and if you still hate it then donate it a children's hospitall

sunrise450 07-12-2010 05:49 AM

Don't get made at me. I do like the quilt but it is a little busy. Would I use it? heck yeah I would. It is still pretty.

That's exactly my problem with it. There's nothing to break up the busy patterns. I love the fabrics...just not together.

I would finish it just like it is and if you still hate it then donate it a children's hospital.

GailG 07-12-2010 05:49 AM

IMHO, it IS busy, but the subtleness of the design is what I like. And yes, I would definitely finish it and USE it. At the beach, on the couch, anywhere.

I also like the idea of the fusible bias tape someone gave.