Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   GoodWill hunting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/goodwill-hunting-t104684.html)

PJisChaos 03-03-2011 12:23 PM

4 Attachment(s)
So, after reading how so many of ya find really great deals at your local GoodWill stores I have been seeking out the ones here in OKC and finally got something worth sharing. Mostly just found some "new" toys for my 2-yr. old grandson. :lol:
However, today I happened to see something a bit to my liking and literally ran across the store to check it out. Mental picture just doesn't do that justice! LoL!!
I have no idea who made it, but the quilting on it is just beautiful! I paid $5.99 for it and have already washed it in my front loader with a light spin, then hung on the line outside while repositioning it every 15 mins til dry. Don't wanna ruin it. ;-)
I am really not a fan of pink but adore butterflies and for some reason the pink just fits this quilt. I am no expert but to me, this looks like the real deal as you can tell it's machine pieced and quilted, along with the binding that has been top-stitched from the front. It does have a few tiny seams that need a bit of repair, I found 3 that have "popped" just slightly. Even the backing has been pieced. It has a poly batting, from what lil bit I can see and is king-sized. I really wish there was a siggy or some type of labeling on it but, am just really thrilled with it!
I also happened on the cutest little trinket while there too and couldn't pass it up either. This really is so much fun, thanks for the insight everyone!

Full pic, had to stand on barstool to get as much as I could!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123241[/ATTACH]

Center medallion(?) of the quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123285[/ATTACH]

back showing the quilting
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123291[/ATTACH]

My new vintage machine! ^_^
[ATTACH=CONFIG]123745[/ATTACH]

KellyK 03-03-2011 12:25 PM

Beautiful, I'm glad that you were able to rescue it!

Dandish 03-03-2011 12:26 PM

What an excellent find! Great price too. Most of the thrifts around here have caught on to quilts and price them much higher - I've seen some pretty ratty ones running $30-40 at the thrift! Fabric is hard to come by, too, but it can be found occasionally. I've found a lot of embroidery threads (DMC and such). Good job. It's great fun.

sueisallaboutquilts 03-03-2011 12:26 PM

The title cracked me up- by the way that was such a good movie :)
I cannot believe you got that for 5.99- wow! It's beautiful!!!!

Cyn 03-03-2011 12:28 PM

Holy Cow! That is awesome :)

PJisChaos 03-03-2011 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
The title cracked me up- by the way that was such a good movie :)
I cannot believe you got that for 5.99- wow! It's beautiful!!!!

LoL! I loved that movie too, couldn't resist the urge to use it.
Even my husband kept asking me if I was gonna get it or not. Told him I didn't know how much it was and he said "Does it matter, really? It is in great shape and worth it imho." Think I might keep him afterall! ;)

joy 03-03-2011 12:32 PM

What a great find.... one of the nicest quilts I have seen.

katiescraftshop 03-03-2011 12:34 PM

It's a great steal and I love your "vintage machine". I generally find deals for my kids but rarely find fabric.

roseOfsharon 03-03-2011 12:35 PM

Oh I just love your "new found" treasures! Love the quilt, and truly love the teapot or cookie jar! :)

caliquocat 03-03-2011 12:35 PM

What a wonderful find! It's beautifully made & the quilting is so nice too. Lucky you!

We no longer have a Goodwill or Salvation Army store in our area. There are a couple of local thrift stores but I think the college kids hit them every day for clothes & housewares.