Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   GQ aka The Garrulous Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/gq-aka-garrulous-quilt-t712.html)

Yvonne 03-06-2007 09:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Back in January I wrote a paragraph or two about my quilt giving me a bad time being very demanding and what not! Well, it didn't get everything it wanted and now it's done! Later on I may go back and add some more quilting to it but, as I said, for now it's DONE! No more sassy quilt talk!! :lol:

You can also play, "Where's Waldo" with this quilt. There is one block that has a rather big mistake in it. It's my "Humility Block". In other words I made a big error and just didn't bother to fix it! Can you find it?

Knot Sew 03-07-2007 05:34 AM

Is it the block with just green no purple, toward bottom. I had to plug my ears to say that because it was SHOUTING at me " AREN'T i PRETTY"

Becky 03-07-2007 07:22 AM

Reminds me of a Kalediscope, Very Pretty, Sassy but spunky and flowing.

k_jupiter 03-07-2007 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
Is it the block with just green no purple, toward bottom. I had to plug my ears to say that because it was SHOUTING at me " AREN'T i PRETTY"

I would say second row down left side block (there are only two blocks in that row). Every other square is symmetrical, but that one has a different fabric on the top.

And yes, you should just get rid of it. I'll send you my snail mail address and you can send it to me.

tim in san jose

marmar 03-07-2007 07:51 AM

A very attractive quilt and nice solors! Are you talking about the 1st block in the second row? :lol:

kathy 03-07-2007 07:51 AM

I say it's second row first block............. you shouldn't have tild us and we wouldn't be trying to find something wrong with it cause it's beautiful
kathy

ladymyste 03-07-2007 07:59 AM

What an incredible quilt! I think you did an awesome job and would not have looked for anything wrong had you not mentioned it.

You do fabulous work! :)

Yvonne 03-07-2007 09:15 AM

Thank you for all the positive feed-back. Most appreciated!

Everyone that guessed the second row, first block is correct. I twisted the one little square in it and didn't notice until the quilt was assembled. Not very observant, am I?

I had to tell you all about the mistake because it's such a kick. Also, it's not the only one!!! The other errors are deep, dark secrets! I've really, despite all it's yammering, had a lot of fun with this quilt.

Tim, I'm afraid you'd have to fight my daughters (5 of them) for this quilt. They're coming home this summer and already planning their "quilt grab". I've got to so stitch up a few more before then!!! :lol:

triciasquilts 03-07-2007 09:19 AM

Yvonne, This is beautiful(even with the mistake)!! I love sampler quilts and I love the choice of colors that you chose. Great Quilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ButtercreamCakeArtist 03-07-2007 01:43 PM

:lol: NO way! That's not a mistake! You designed the quilt just like that! heehee! It's beautiful. I think the daughter (and not TIM!) that gets it will be so happy. It will just make her think of you more and make it much more special! ;) btw, you've got 6 daughters, now. I'll be home this summer, ma!