Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: GQ aka The Garrulous Quilt

Back in January I wrote a paragraph or two about my quilt giving me a bad time being very demanding and what not! Well, it didn't get everything it wanted and now it's done! Later on I may go back and add some more quilting to it but, as I said, for now it's DONE! No more sassy quilt talk!! :lol:

You can also play, "Where's Waldo" with this quilt. There is one block that has a rather big mistake in it. It's my "Humility Block". In other words I made a big error and just didn't bother to fix it! Can you find it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is it the block with just green no purple, toward bottom. I had to plug my ears to say that because it was SHOUTING at me " AREN'T i PRETTY"

Reminds me of a Kalediscope, Very Pretty, Sassy but spunky and flowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruth Camp
    Is it the block with just green no purple, toward bottom. I had to plug my ears to say that because it was SHOUTING at me " AREN'T i PRETTY"
    I would say second row down left side block (there are only two blocks in that row). Every other square is symmetrical, but that one has a different fabric on the top.

And yes, you should just get rid of it. I'll send you my snail mail address and you can send it to me.

tim in san jose

A very attractive quilt and nice solors! Are you talking about the 1st block in the second row? :lol:

I say it's second row first block............. you shouldn't have tild us and we wouldn't be trying to find something wrong with it cause it's beautiful
    kathy

What an incredible quilt! I think you did an awesome job and would not have looked for anything wrong had you not mentioned it.

You do fabulous work! :)

Thank you for all the positive feed-back. Most appreciated!

Everyone that guessed the second row, first block is correct. I twisted the one little square in it and didn't notice until the quilt was assembled. Not very observant, am I?

I had to tell you all about the mistake because it's such a kick. Also, it's not the only one!!! The other errors are deep, dark secrets! I've really, despite all it's yammering, had a lot of fun with this quilt.

Tim, I'm afraid you'd have to fight my daughters (5 of them) for this quilt. They're coming home this summer and already planning their "quilt grab". I've got to so stitch up a few more before then!!! :lol:

Yvonne, This is beautiful(even with the mistake)!! I love sampler quilts and I love the choice of colors that you chose. Great Quilt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: NO way! That's not a mistake! You designed the quilt just like that! heehee! It's beautiful. I think the daughter (and not TIM!) that gets it will be so happy. It will just make her think of you more and make it much more special! ;) btw, you've got 6 daughters, now. I'll be home this summer, ma!

Really pretty....and a neat way to put together sampler blocks.

Boo
    If ya ask me, I'd say that Tim can just make his own quilts. LOL

Yvonne, thanks for sharing the pic. It really is lovely, as I am sure you know. What is next in the works? If you are anything like me, you have many planned. :lol:

Since you asked...
    I'm working on finishing "Contrary Mary" a quilt made with Mary Englebreit fabrics.
    Next is finish up "Lemonade". It's a convergence quilt.
    Then there is "Gorgeous George" a cow that's I'm putting blanket stitches on right now.
    I've got some redwork blocks waiting for a setting.
    The Block-a-Week with Marcella.
    Seeing Stars is our BOM.
    AND don't forget, that little HQ Leslee is making me make!

Shall I continue? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I have more! :lol: :mrgreen: Going to finish as many as I can so the girls can take them home and I'll have room for a new batch!

What're you working on?

I guess the second row, first square. the small triangle is pointed down instead of up. ( or in reather than out)> :lol: But never would have noticed if not for your clue. really is a nice quilt.

I like it a whole lot, but if you are having a hard time living with it, well I'll send you my mailing address and will promise to give it a good home and treat it right, no fussing at it just loving it. I would not have noticed anything but you are so fussy! Its beautiful and whose to say that that its a mistake and not made that way on purpose? Beautiful! I'll PM you with my mailing addrss :D How soon do you think you'll go to the post office to mail it to me? :D

What a beautiful quilt. As my sister says" we are our own worst enemies."
    We put a lot alot of pressure on ourselves when it comes to our sewing & crafts. I know because I am so hard on my self. I have been working on a double wedding ring quilt for 2 years and I hate the colors so I work a while then put it up. Someday I will finish it. But anyway it is real pretty and a daughter will be lucky to get it.

Beautiful work, beautiful colors. Thanks for sharing.

IT was fun trying to find it! 2nd row first block. I had to search. That quilt is awsome!!! I wish I could say I did that size with only ONE booboo

lin
    It's lovely Yvonne. I think the "boo-boo" is kinda cute. :mrgreen: And I love your colors. You can never go wrong with purples and yellows and that green just gives it *zing*! Wonderful. :)

Blog Entries
    l really like your quilt very nice