Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Grandmothers Flower Garden from Jelly Roll (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/grandmothers-flower-garden-jelly-roll-t118712.html)

DeeBooper 04-25-2011 11:34 AM

hey, those are going to be really nice!

PJisChaos 04-25-2011 11:46 AM

I think I am doing my all wrong after seeing the way so many of ya are doing yours. :-( I know there are no Quilt Police here but am really curious about this now.
Ya guys make the ring then attach it to the center. I add each petal to the center and then sew up the seams for the ring. Is there a reason for making the ring first then adding the center? Does it lay better or something? I have about 60 flowers done and have noticed that some of them do wobble a bit here and there but just figured it would work itself out. I also think these will be a forever UFO as I am making them with 2" hexies. I want to start one with smaller hexies but want to do it right.

Jennifer22206 04-25-2011 11:49 AM

I don't think there is a right or wrong way, only what works for you!

PJisChaos 04-25-2011 12:04 PM

I must say thanks a ton for this post!!! I have a jelly roll and matching FQs and a charm pack as well that I have absolutely no clue what to do with and this would be so perfect!! It is all pastel spring colors and a GFG would be so fitting. So, I will take a break from cutting down my scraps for the scrap savers system and start cutting hexies instead. Hubby and I have a full week next week of drs and dentist appts, everyday, so this will def. be the project to bring. thank you, thank you, thank you!! ^_^

jenny Line 04-25-2011 01:00 PM

Very pretty!:)

chairjogger 04-25-2011 01:04 PM

wonerful ! now you are hooked ! the thing is to make a quilt as your go.. or, as you have done.. you make a whole lot of these and will have a whole lot left ! hah!

have my own collection after quilt is finished !

Yeah ! I do love this pattern ! Thanks for sharing !

BeeNana 04-25-2011 01:04 PM

Great fabric. Good on the go project.
Can't wait to see more. Good idea about
the jelly roll!

PJisChaos 04-25-2011 01:31 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Can't figure out how to edit my previous post, sorry!
Oops, my mistake. I have a layer cake, not charm pack like stated earlier. Here are some pics of the ones I have made, they are 2" hexagons and, like ya said, do take forever to whip together it seems. LoL! I also have a pic of my inspiration, hand-pieced by grandma many years ago. Hers are very tiny, finishing at 1" a side. Also, added pic of the fabrics I think are just screaming GFG at me that I also mentioned earlier. Thanks for letting me post these in your thread, and for all your help.

My Grandma's GFG
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188993[/ATTACH]

My attempt LoL!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188994[/ATTACH]

Just some of what I have done
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188995[/ATTACH]

Spring fabrics for new one
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188996[/ATTACH]

Jennifer22206 04-25-2011 04:00 PM

oh wow PJ - I love the colors that you're using! Beautiful!!

bluesnowdoe 04-25-2011 04:31 PM

Good job, I am wotking on one of the as well