Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Grannie's Granola Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/grannies-granola-quilt-t36778.html)

kkbrand 02-17-2010 09:16 AM

That is neat, I have just started quilting, I made my first real quilt the one in my picture this past year. I sent it to be quilted at the Long Arm. My LQS does have a long arm to rent for 10 per hour after we take a class/training. About how long does it take you to quilt a queen sized quilt? You are very inspiring to see all of the beautiful things you create with fabric.

I love quilting but just have not found a balance of time to quilt. My husband is in full time ministry and he teaches the bible study I take on Thursday evenings, I have approx 45 min of homeowrk a night with the and I work a full time job. It is hard to get everything in and still find time to quilt.

charismah 02-17-2010 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by kkbrand
That is neat, I have just started quilting, I made my first real quilt the one in my picture this past year. I sent it to be quilted at the Long Arm. My LQS does have a long arm to rent for 10 per hour after we take a class/training. About how long does it take you to quilt a queen sized quilt? You are very inspiring to see all of the beautiful things you create with fabric.

I love quilting but just have not found a balance of time to quilt. My husband is in full time ministry and he teaches the bible study I take on Thursday evenings, I have approx 45 min of homeowrk a night with the and I work a full time job. It is hard to get everything in and still find time to quilt.

Well...I am just learning how to long arm....but I have only done a few queens....and it just depends on how intricate the design is....but as far as peicing a quilt.....It doesn't take me long depending on how inspired I am to be working on it....or if there is a reason I am working on it...I understand about time....quilting relaxes me...so I do it in my downtime. After the kids go to bed.....in the mornings....I will study a bit in between...if I wokred full-time I coudl not get so much done....but three days a week I am home...and my kids are in school...so that is when I quilt ..usually. But I think you are doing what is right for you..my bible study time is also either at night or in the mornings.....but I also don't get alot of sleep...so that is probably another reason I get alot of things completed.

kkbrand 02-17-2010 10:01 AM

I am currently working on 3 Block of the Month quilts and making a baby quilt which I am quilting on my home machine. I would love to quilt all of my quilts on a home machine but it is hard to do. My machine is a White Stylemaker pro and is not as fancy as some of the other machines people have, but the feed dogs do drop, it has a walking foot and a darning foot.

Calico Grammy 02-17-2010 10:11 AM

My hat is off to you young lady!!! What a busy life you are leading!! Six children, school, a job, a home to run. You give new meaning to "Super Mom". And, your quilts are all A++++
I am always excited to seem them and have most of them bookmarked to look at them often! God bless you and thanks for sharing!

k3n 02-17-2010 10:35 AM

Beautiful Charismah! I want to own quilts like this, I always love them but am too lazy to get on and piece them so WTG girl! :-D

Kellie G 02-17-2010 11:16 AM

VERY pretty pattern. Love your colors. Sounds like a fun group to be in....

azam 02-17-2010 03:58 PM

Love your quilt, it's very pretty!!!

JUNEC 02-17-2010 06:20 PM

Fantastic - love the pattern and the unique color combination

Keeps Them In Stitches 02-22-2010 10:59 PM

It turned out beautiful. I love your fabric choices.

cindyg 02-24-2010 11:08 AM

What a great quilt. Love the paisley fabric.