Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/group-obw-floral-master-fabric-t92198.html)

daisey 01-28-2011 01:47 PM

Ok I went to Joannes and ordered my fabric...I got lucky it wasnt on sale so I used my 50 percent off coupon and got the whole bolt for 29.00 which included the tax! These are my colors...jewel tones so I am very happy you all told me how ro order it! I may work on my unfinished whack and stack while I am waiting...I forgot to ask how long it takes...uh oh

daisey 01-28-2011 03:27 PM

I havent got to the part in the book about how you sew the blocks together when they are all sewn into the hexagon blocks. it looks confusing since I have never done hexagons and stuff..I guess I will learn...I like a beautiful challenge!

luckylindy333 01-28-2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by nena
gaigai, Ok this will probably be a ufo for awhile.. lol
I will stop for now and wait until I get back and know what I am doing. At least I get the general idea.
By the time I am back home everyone will have theirs finished. Good luck... can't wait to see how everyones turn out.

Nena, the pictures do not look wonky...

luckylindy333 01-28-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
I'm enjoying every post on this thread. I'm up to my ears on my current project, or I'd be trying to find this fabric to join you all!

Me, too, Joanne

fireworkslover 01-28-2011 05:48 PM

Daisey,
You asked how long they take to do. I cut & stacked and aligned my fabric, cut strips and 3 rows of triangles and pieced half haxagons in 3 1/2 hours for a quilt top that ended up being about 40" X 50". Now that's not including arranging them to get the final placement. But this method does go way faster than any other piecing method I've done.

ksea 01-28-2011 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by daisey
Ok I went to Joannes and ordered my fabric...I got lucky it wasnt on sale so I used my 50 percent off coupon and got the whole bolt for 29.00 which included the tax! These are my colors...jewel tones so I am very happy you all told me how ro order it! I may work on my unfinished whack and stack while I am waiting...I forgot to ask how long it takes...uh oh

Daisey I'm glad that you got it ordered, mine took less than a week.

daisey 01-28-2011 08:21 PM

I should have been original but its such gorgeous fabric! We should all post our finished quilts...Cool!

k3n 01-29-2011 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by daisey
I havent got to the part in the book about how you sew the blocks together when they are all sewn into the hexagon blocks. it looks confusing since I have never done hexagons and stuff..I guess I will learn...I like a beautiful challenge!

Fear not Daisey - it's just straight seams. :-D

daisey 01-29-2011 05:20 AM

I read the rest of book last night and It will be pretty easy I just may have to make a design wall to make sure they dont get mixed up. I am going to try and finish my stack and whack while I am waiting for my fabric...it shows so many types of fabrics some dont even have big prints ect,,,I may have to try a few of these...the octagons look cool but not sure how you sew the little squares on them and they really didnt explain it well,,That small square piece that fills the hole is kind of confusing. Anyway I will do hexagon for now.

abdconsultant 01-29-2011 05:23 AM

So cool.