Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/group-obw-floral-master-fabric-t92198.html)

wildyard 02-03-2011 11:44 AM

jtapp, all I have for a design wall is 2 plastic tablecloths with the flannel-like backs that I picked up at the thrift store for 50 cents each. They also have them at most dollar stores. I use 3 skirt hangers with the clips on them to pinch the tops of the table cloths, one on each end and one in the center to hold the two together. I hook the hangers over screws my DH put into the back hallway for me, but you could also hook them onto a window or closet door. When I am not using them I can fold them up out of the way, or just leave them up unless we have company coming as it's really not in the way back there.

jtapp9 02-03-2011 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by k3n

- I hate to think of your poor neglected OBW! :-( :lol: :-D

Me too. That's why i havent ruled out adding the triangle to two opposite corners method. Not exactly the same thing but I would still come out with a pretty darned nice quilt!

jtapp9 02-03-2011 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by wildyard
jtapp, all I have for a design wall is 2 plastic tablecloths with the flannel-like backs that I picked up at the thrift store for 50 cents each. They also have them at most dollar stores. I use 3 skirt hangers with the clips on them to pinch the tops of the table cloths, one on each end and one in the center to hold the two together. I hook the hangers over screws my DH put into the back hallway for me, but you could also hook them onto a window or closet door. When I am not using them I can fold them up out of the way, or just leave them up unless we have company coming as it's really not in the way back there.

I've actually thought of doing this before! I usually think of it during the day then forget by the time I get home :oops: I think I still have a new tablecloth that I could switch out for the old one on my table (call me cheap..lol)

Ok, I think I'm going to make a wall tonight! Maybe I will show you some of my blocks :)

feffertim 02-03-2011 12:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
actually you can put a triangle on all four corners and make a square. Thats what I did, and I really like the look

wildyard 02-03-2011 12:12 PM

jtapp Ok, I think I'm going to make a wall tonight! Maybe I will show you some of my blocks :)

Ohhhhhhhhh, please do show us your blocks!!!! We are waiting with high anticipation!!!

wildyard 02-03-2011 12:13 PM

tim yours is georgous and I love it!!

jtapp9 02-03-2011 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by feffertim
actually you can put a triangle on all four corners and make a square. Thats what I did, and I really like the look

Thats a beautiful quilt!! But aren't those octagons? (8 sided)

ksea 02-03-2011 02:10 PM

I love the look of this!!

feffertim 02-03-2011 03:23 PM

Yes, you are right

jtapp9 02-03-2011 03:29 PM

Yes, you are right

The six sided hexagons won't turn into a square by sewing triangles on the corners. If I take an additional identical triangle and sew it to two opposite corners I will get a "block" that is shaped similar to a parallelogram.

At least that is all that I could come up with...lol