Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/group-obw-floral-master-fabric-t92198.html)

daisey 02-05-2011 07:23 AM

I made a quilt with pandas on it and I have some cute panda fabric in my stash,,,Pandas are so cute!

k3n 02-05-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by daisey
I made a quilt with pandas on it and I have some cute panda fabric in my stash,,,Pandas are so cute!

Have you got 6 repeats? Would it work? Could you bring yourself to disect those pandas? LOL I did it to chickens once and it worked great! :D

sandpat 02-05-2011 08:27 AM

Oh, pandas would be interesting!

gaigai 02-05-2011 08:38 AM

Hmm, Now I need to decide whether to do the Floral Master fabric in Octogons rather than hexs. I guess it will depend on whether I can get a kaleido ruler at JoAnns or my LQS. But not today. I'm still fighting my cold, although I am back home.

k3n 02-05-2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Hmm, Now I need to decide whether to do the Floral Master fabric in Octogons rather than hexs. I guess it will depend on whether I can get a kaleido ruler at JoAnns or my LQS. But not today. I'm still fighting my cold, although I am back home.

Oh glad you're home, take care of yourself! It would be fun if you did octagons to see the difference. :-D

wildyard 02-05-2011 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh, pandas would be interesting!

Poor little pandas, all chopped up into pieces. :( Send me the scraps of any that remain unbutchered and I will let them live happy with lots of playmates in nice I Spy quilts. LOL

wildyard 02-05-2011 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai

Awww, I hope you are better soon!! Lots of fluids!!!
I didn't realize you need a special ruler for these? I made one before and I'm pretty sure I didn't have a special ruler for it. Does the special ruler just make it easier or something, or is it a must have?

gaigai 02-05-2011 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard
Awww, I hope you are better soon!! Lots of fluids!!!
I didn't realize you need a special ruler for these? I made one before and I'm pretty sure I didn't have a special ruler for it. Does the special ruler just make it easier or something, or is it a must have?

OK, I just checked, and my regular ruler does have 45 degree markings on it, so I'm good to go. I was thinking I'd need a special 45 degree ruler, and you've saved me some money. Thanks!

Thanky Wildyard, I'm pushing the fluids as fast as I can. Now it's just tincture of time.

wildyard 02-05-2011 01:58 PM

OK, I just checked, and my regular ruler does have 45 degree markings on it, so I'm good to go. I was thinking I'd need a special 45 degree ruler, and you've saved me some money. Thanks!

Thanky Wildyard, I'm pushing the fluids as fast as I can. Now it's just tincture of time.[/quote]

Way cool when you can save money on not buying something, now you can buy more fabric!!!

daisey 02-05-2011 04:22 PM

I thought it asked for a 90 degree ruler...I better read again...oh about the panda fabric its small pandas and wouldnt be good for a OBW...I am just using the floral master and hexagons for my 1st one.