Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/group-obw-floral-master-fabric-t92198.html)

gaigai 02-27-2011 08:45 PM

Julie, your half hexs are just pinned together, not sewn together yet, right? I can't tell from the picture. But the need to be in halves to assemble the OBW. They look great BTW

jtapp9 02-27-2011 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by gaigai
Julie, your half hexs are just pinned together, not sewn together yet, right? I can't tell from the picture. But the need to be in halves to assemble the OBW. They look great BTW

My floral masters are sewn, BUT they are NOT hexs. They are octogons so they are supposed to be sewn together. I understand that if I were doing hexs they would only be half hexs :). That's what my first OBW was (hexs).

Can't wait to see more pictures of others work! and some of that applique you are working on k3n.

k3n 02-28-2011 01:36 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Julie those octos look gorgeous! They're much more spinny than the hexes if you know what I mean!

OK Gai has already had a sneaky peek at the applique and it won't be attached fully til the thing is quilted so I guess I'll give a sneak peek here too. The butterfly is appliqued to fusible batting and interfacing and is just pinned on at the moment. I'll sew it on by hand after it's quilted. The caterpillar is getting embroidered antennae, beady eyes, seed bead legs and little black beady feet - but again, when it's quilted. He's going to be gazing wistfully up at the butterfly, wishing he were that lovely! :mrgreen: I'm calling it 'Metamorphosis' :D

AKDaffyodil 02-28-2011 02:01 AM

All of your OBW's are so pretty!! I've wanted to do one for a long time, but I'm intimidated by it. It just looks so hard.
Love all your quilts!!

cozycrafter 02-28-2011 04:47 AM

They are so pretty, I hope my book comes today,so I can play too.

fireworkslover 02-28-2011 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by AKDaffyodil
All of your OBW's are so pretty!! I've wanted to do one for a long time, but I'm intimidated by it. It just looks so hard.
Love all your quilts!!

Don't be afraid of OBW's! They are really very easy and go together very fast. Deciding on your final arrangement will prob. take the longest chunk of time.

jtapp9 03-02-2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by k3n
OK Gai has already had a sneaky peek at the applique and it won't be attached fully til the thing is quilted so I guess I'll give a sneak peek here too. The butterfly is appliqued to fusible batting and interfacing and is just pinned on at the moment. I'll sew it on by hand after it's quilted. The caterpillar is getting embroidered antennae, beady eyes, seed bead legs and little black beady feet - but again, when it's quilted. He's going to be gazing wistfully up at the butterfly, wishing he were that lovely! :mrgreen: I'm calling it 'Metamorphosis' :D

Guess I forgot to comment :oops:

I absolutely LOVE those appliques! They are so beautiful and I love the name :thumbup:

Can't wait to see it all completed :mrgreen:

jtapp9 03-02-2011 06:19 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I thought you might enjoy seeing the OBW cousin, Kaleidi. This is the quilt I'm making for my niece. My floral master quilt is going to her mom, my sister :)

My purple blender is almost taking over the focal print. I'm still learning when it comes to putting color values together :?

jtapp9 03-11-2011 10:54 AM

Come on now! k3n wasn't the only one making one of these...where's everybody elses? :)

KarenR 03-11-2011 11:01 AM

I'm still trying to find that material.