Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A group OBW with the Floral Master Fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/group-obw-floral-master-fabric-t92198.html)

colleen53 05-24-2011 06:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
dh and I are moving along on ours.. we have to do a few more blocks and then work with the movement of them.. boy that part is really hard.. but i tell dh to walk away and go back later and then walk away again... it is so cute watching him do this.. but between the two of us I hope we get it right...if not.. oh well.........it sure was fun as a duo project !

k3n 05-24-2011 07:05 AM

Olga that is looking good - glad I was able to help! Regarding the cube, I hope you don;t mind if I say that the red and green fabric in the cube you posted is a little too strong for this fabric - I'd go for a brown for the dark, gold for the medium and cream for the light values.

Colleen, yours is looking beautiful.

Julie, are you quilting yet? :lol: Mind you, I can talk, still haven;t quilted mine but had some deadlines to meet first... :-D

jtapp9 05-24-2011 07:11 AM

Colleen that is looking really good!

jtapp9 05-24-2011 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Olga that is looking good - glad I was able to help! Regarding the cube, I hope you don;t mind if I say that the red and green fabric in the cube you posted is a little too strong for this fabric - I'd go for a brown for the dark, gold for the medium and cream for the light values.

Colleen, yours is looking beautiful.

Julie, are you quilting yet? :lol: Mind you, I can talk, still haven;t quilted mine but had some deadlines to meet first... :-D

The purple octogons will get started quilting this week. The Floral Master Octo OBW is still just octo blocks. BUT, I will be setting those blocks together and quilting it during the next 2 weeks :) . Mine are getting finished NOW because they ARE my next deadline!~hahaha

colleen53 05-24-2011 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by colleen53
dh and I are moving along on ours.. we have to do a few more blocks and then work with the movement of them.. boy that part is really hard.. but i tell dh to walk away and go back later and then walk away again... it is so cute watching him do this.. but between the two of us I hope we get it right...if not.. oh well.........it sure was fun as a duo project !

ok all the blocks are in place.. i will give it a while and see if this is the final look or not.. dh is chomping at the bit to start attaching them together !

wildyard 05-24-2011 07:41 PM

I love your final version!!! I think you guys have hit it just right!!

cabinfever 05-28-2011 12:10 AM

To Colleen53:
I love the meandering flow of red & gold through the sea of green in your last post layout. It is really beautiful!

Rumbols 05-28-2011 01:50 AM

Just love it.

pjnesler 05-28-2011 04:17 AM

The blocks are beautiful, I'll keep coming back to check your progress - Thanks!

Olga 05-29-2011 07:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
new