Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Handkerchief Rag Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/handkerchief-rag-quilt-t250115.html)

Sallybear 07-17-2014 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 6800441)
Very pretty! It looks like you top stitched the hankies to a flannel square that you fringed?

Tartan, I did stitch the hankies to white flannel.....the white flannel I used in place of batting.....making a sandwich of hankies stitched to white flannel & then stitched to pink polka dot flannel for the backing.....when making a rag quilt ...you sandwich all your pieces....& then sew all the squares together & then the rows together to complete the quilt!

Sallybear 07-17-2014 11:29 AM

Yobrosew ....I will post a tutorial in a few days.....I am down for the count right now with a busted right ankle, busted left big toe & torn up left knee.....took a fall.....don't have the measurements in my head.....once on my feet again I will take measurements & post! At least this way I am back making yo-yos again for a yoyo quilt!

Sallybear 07-17-2014 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by maggie_1936 (Post 6803828)
please do a tut on your creation

Will do soon....I am down for the count with a busted right ankle, busted left big toe. & torn up left knee! I want to make sure I get correct measurements to post!

Sallybear 07-17-2014 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by maggie_1936 (Post 6803828)
please do a tut on your creation

Will do so soon.....down for the count with busted right ankle, busted left big toe, & torn up left knee! Want to make sure I get the correct measurements!

Sallybear 07-17-2014 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR (Post 6803997)
This is really pretty! I wish hankies were easier to find. When I do find them they are expensive.

The gal I made this for bought the hankies on E-bay.....I think about 25 for $25.00......we had been collecting them from flea markets...but was getting expensive, some were too thin, some were stained....these bought on EBay were new....I washed & ironed them before beginning to put all together!

Koriana 07-17-2014 12:16 PM

What a beautiful quilt with a cottage-like look and feel. I, too, have collected hankies for quilting but have yet to decide what to do with them and this quilt is quite inspiring. I absolutely love the hankie envelope label and the fact that it can be buttoned closed. Great job and thanks for sharing.

Delbra 07-17-2014 09:37 PM

Love that idea.

Taughtby Grandma 07-18-2014 12:09 PM

Very pretty, I have some handerchiefs of my MIL that I want to make some thing with, I like your idea.

alageeps 07-18-2014 12:57 PM

this is what I have been waiting for. I have been purchasing hankies and different sizes.. thanks for explaining how you did it awesome.. will be making, is there more definite directions I have not done a rag quilt...
Thanks for sharing.

alageeps 07-18-2014 12:59 PM

ouch!! What a fall.. get well soon. thanks for your upcoming tute!! love it.