Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Handy little garbage (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/handy-little-garbage-t39721.html)

Charlee 03-16-2010 08:37 AM

I've made a few of these...I make mine with the square part you're putting in the drawer as a heavy, rice stuffed pin cushion...the DJ blocks or mini blocks that you can find on the web are the perfect size! :)

mandyhofer 03-16-2010 09:35 AM

I fell mine with wheat to make it heavy.

SulaBug 03-16-2010 10:40 AM

Love your Handy little garbage holder!! :D It is not only cute, but so useable. Did you use a special pattern for this holder? Last year, I made a pin cushion & attached a small thread catcher to it, but I think your idea would hold a lot more thread's than mine!! Great job making it & thank you for sharing with all of us!!
:D :D :D :D

vjengels 03-16-2010 10:50 AM

Very pretty!... So, how do you sew if you don't have a million little scraps on your table?... Can a person DO that? I clean up my little tidbits at the end of each session, or after a landslide, whichever comes first. It's like my personal stash of confetti.

raptureready 03-16-2010 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by vjengels
Very pretty!... So, how do you sew if you don't have a million little scraps on your table?... Can a person DO that? I clean up my little tidbits at the end of each session, or after a landslide, whichever comes first. It's like my personal stash of confetti.

I'm with you. My quilting instructor comes through in class and she'll pick of a hand full of amputated bunny ears, wayward little threads, etc. and say "Are you keeping these for anything?" I laugh and say, "Nope, they just haven't walked into the garbage yet." She just shakes her head and throws them away.

Maggiesmom 03-16-2010 12:41 PM

sounds like my place

Sugarpumpkin 03-16-2010 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready

I'm with you. My quilting instructor comes through in class and she'll pick of a hand full of amputated bunny ears, wayward little threads, etc. and say "Are you keeping these for anything?" I laugh and say, "Nope, they just haven't walked into the garbage yet." She just shakes her head and throws them away.

I like your screen name!

mandyhofer 03-16-2010 02:54 PM

Even nicer to sew with a clean table

littlehud 03-16-2010 09:06 PM

That is so cute. I use a small cardboard box next to my feet. I like yours better.

Chasing Hawk 03-16-2010 09:29 PM

Very cute, I use a little hand painted pail to put all my thread clippings in.