Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Handy little garbage (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/handy-little-garbage-t39721.html)

mandyhofer 03-17-2010 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy N
Do you take paypal???

Sorry i do not have a paypal account. You would have to pay with money order.

mandyhofer 03-17-2010 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by quiltlady37
What did you use inside the upper part to keep it open. I used aquarium tubing inside mine, but now it has come apart and doesn't stay open like I would like it to?

I cut a ice cream pail.

mandyhofer 03-17-2010 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by mandyhofer
Hi. Yes i am selling them. My figures figure with shipping included they would be $10.

Sorry i meant $10 plus shipping

Kathy N 03-17-2010 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by quiltlady
Several ladies in my quilt group just start making small pillows to stuff - leaving one side open , taping the open edge to their sewing table edge. When it gets filled up with threads, fabric and batting scraps they sew the last side closed and use it for small animal pillows. Cats love them. The shelters love them, and all it cost was the larger scrap to do the pillow square. Makes a great gift for that animal lover in your famly's pet. It's a race at retreats to get the messes cleaned up cause everyone wants to fill up their kitty bags.

I love this idea!!!!

Marcia 03-17-2010 03:19 PM

CUTE!! And I think $10 is too cheap!!

bourvel 03-18-2010 04:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mandyhofer
I make these little garbages that you put inside a drawer right beside your machine. It is perfect for all those little peices of thread that are all over when sewing blocks or anything else together.

Just lovely, I made a sewing mat and attached a thread bad to it. I don't look everywhere now for my small tools and the bag is at the right place, I also have a pail with a plastic bag inside under my sewing machine cabinet on my left. Also made one for my serger, I have to make an extra thread bad to attach to my cutting table. Here are the pictures

sewing machine mat and bag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15085[/ATTACH]

serger thread bag
[ATTACH=CONFIG]15086[/ATTACH]

earlylace 03-18-2010 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by CasaManana
I love the idea of your thread catcher. To all of you who actually hit the thread catcher with your snippets (mine always static cling to me or the table or whatever, and eventually land on the carpet for the vacuum)

What do you do with the hundreds of snippets of thread?

Especially in the spring I throw mine out on the lawn or at one of the bushes. The birds LOVE them. Within an hour every last piece is gone.

I've been on walks and seen my horribly bright pink thread in bird nests 10 or 11 blocks away from my home.

Just a thought,
casa

Wow, great idea, recycle and give them to the birds. Last year I got an old bird cage and cut open the front and i fill it with all kinds of stuff for the birds and their nest,since I am a new quilter, I hadn't thought of putting out the floor droppings, Great Idea!!! Lace

Aurora 03-18-2010 04:59 AM

I have one of these -- I cut a 2 liter bottle top off so the bottom was the sme height as my bag. The 2 liter bottle sits in the bag and I just remove it to empty. This is a lot easier than trying to get all the stray strings and scraps out of the fabric bag.

katsewnsew 03-18-2010 05:12 AM

I usually wear mine. They always seem to get stuck to me.

LindaR 03-18-2010 05:15 AM

those are so handy....cute