Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   hard at work, and I need suggestions (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/hard-work-i-need-suggestions-t22292.html)

cutebuns 07-03-2009 12:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
So I have been busy mopping up water, seperating dogs and filling in my spare time with a little work. The monkey's are almost done. The top is on the table, now I need ideas on what to do on the boarders and the rainbow.

I was thinking maybe stars on the small purple one, but the big one? I am stuck. I might have to run out for a bit today as well, company coming and I am not ready for it.

Plus I think I need to get some purple fabric.

this is almost done
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39356[/ATTACH]

whole top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39357[/ATTACH]

this is what I need help on
[ATTACH=CONFIG]39363[/ATTACH]

Ninnie 07-03-2009 12:20 PM

My, MY, you have so many machines in there it looks like an operating theater!! :lol: :lol: Her i sit with my little ole thread and needle.

I think that is sooo cute!! I would have to quilt animal shapes in the big area,
Of course it would take me a month to do so!.

cutebuns 07-03-2009 12:23 PM

I am going to try and trace the animals there, including the clouds in the main area. Though I could maybe make a template of the thing and yes, do them around or trace them as well, decisions decisions

chewboo 07-03-2009 12:28 PM

i agree with ninnie animal shapes on the outer boarder would be darling

different size pebbles might be cute good luck

Ninnie 07-03-2009 12:36 PM

When my grandson was a baby, I traced his feet and used that for a template for quilting. I did his hands that way also and it turned out so cute!

Ninnie 07-03-2009 12:38 PM

you could use extra batting and quilt around the animals and the clouds and make them stand out!
LOL ok, I'll shut up now!

cutebuns 07-03-2009 12:43 PM

I wish I could do that Ninnie, I really do, except I have no idea who the quilt is going to go to, it is a Project for

http://www.zebracentre.ca/

I started it yesterday with the wee one when we went out and I shose to bring it home to do on the big machine, I just not keen of trying to shove it through a domestic machine there. This way I can do it fairly well stress free, other than trying to decide what to do, which no matter what I would have that. I know I have some cardboard to make the template out, I have no idea where my chaulk is, (i don't have a disapearing marker). I am hoping the small local store has what I need, Otherwise it mgiht have to wait. I don't have anything else quiet ready for the table anyway, the purple fabric will have to wait.

PS, the monkeys are done and waiting to be pulled from the tear away

Ninnie 07-03-2009 12:54 PM

then what about just doing some cross hatch, it would be easy and look good and a lot faster! Also stress free.

I went and looked at the web site, what a wonderful thing to be involved in! And rewarding, i'm sure!

cutebuns 07-03-2009 01:00 PM

It was my fist time yesterday and it was a good time, there were two ladies there that were very helpful etc.

I am not sure about straight lines on this thing any more than I am of specific shapes. But it will be easier to find something straight to fun the foot along side than that shapes, I might just try both out to see what it is, I should at least do a nice template of a star to do the purple border in, I have a sizzex die cutting machine and I have a small star that I can cut out of fun foam and that should be easy enough and maybe do a few swirly things inbetween so I am not starting and stopping a lot, Color thread? In the center I plan on matching the thread to what I am tracing, will mean more work but I think it will be worth it,

SulaBug 07-03-2009 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by chewboo
i agree with ninnie animal shapes on the outer boarder would be darling

different size pebbles might be cute good luck

I have to say that I agree with these quilters!! :D
The quilt is gorgeous!!