Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Harley Davidson Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/harley-davidson-quilt-t8451.html)

quiltwoman 06-25-2008 07:06 AM

Very NICE!!
Love how the orange really "pops".
Julie

Quilting Aggi 06-25-2008 07:08 AM

ooh WOW what a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your Harley fan is going to love it I'm sure!!!!

jamsbuying 06-25-2008 07:09 AM

Wonderful job. Very creative! I know your Harley friend will LOVE.

Quilting Aggi 06-25-2008 07:10 AM

Jacquemoe what a cool quilt!!! needless to say your daughter thought you were the best mom ever!

Joan 06-25-2008 07:46 AM

What an imaginative quilt!---It is great! (don't you have to wonder what a quilting lady from a hundred years ago would think seeing a motorcycle quilt??????) It just goes to show you how quilting has truly gone from a craft to an art form!

Cordelia 06-25-2008 11:45 AM

That is just wonderful. I love how you improvised. You wanted to make something, you figured out how and did it! Very American!

Harley Davidson is already an American symbol by now of open road freedom -- uniquely American.

(Only problem with 'em is those darn mufflers! Or lack of mufflers.)

:lol:

If you haven't already, you MUST sign that quilt and date it.

jbsstrawberry 06-25-2008 11:55 AM

Those are some AWESOME quilts!!! Gotta love Harley!!! You gals ROCK!!

auntshamaine 06-25-2008 03:07 PM

Thanks so much for the praise!! The best thing is that knowing all of you know how important it is to hear that we did well. ( and I'm not a needy person).

Especially at the beginning when we are learning. I felt good about this though. The first one I could see all the flaws and this one felt better to me.

So far as "designing" it, I have only done the two. The sampler was by internet instruction and this one was made up. I have a feeling that I may have a hard time following a pattern though, so I might be the type to "design".

I did label it. It felt kind of silly, like, "who cares that I did this". But I thought of all those quilts at the antique store and how I WISH I knew more and I did it anyway in respect for future quilters!!

I did not get pix of her opening it...I'm sorry, I didn't think of it. She did cry.....and she didn't even read the card yet!! My hubby wanted to be there to see her open it also so he came to work to take me to lunch and I gave it to her then. She was AMAZED and was so emotional because she said no one had ever done anything like that for her. She is an awesome woman and I appreciate her friendship. I call her my "work mom"......
Tracy

jbsstrawberry 06-25-2008 03:10 PM

You're a pretty awesome woman yourself!! How sweet of you to do such a special quilt for your friend!

Quilter33 06-26-2008 04:57 AM

Where did you find the Harley material with the emblem? I have been looking for a long time for any type of Harley material to make a purse. Thanks for any info.