Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Have you tried big stitch quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/have-you-tried-big-stitch-quilting-t50649.html)

Blinky 09-06-2010 05:12 PM

I love it!!! It's so cool...will have to try it one day!

quilterguy27 09-07-2010 11:24 AM

I've been trying to talk myself into trying the "big Stitch" buy I just can't seem to make myself do it yet. I went and bought the needles and pearl cotton thread to do it. I've got a quilt ready to go. I've already makred the pattern on the quilt. I just can't seem to make myself get started on it. Hopefully in the next few days I can get it done. Here's hoping I at least get started on it.

auntobby 07-12-2011 04:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Barbara, Your stitches are so nice and even. I just love your pillow. So-o, I thought I would try your "Big Stitch" on a quilt.
I used pearl cotton size 8 for the stippling on my DP9 quilt.
My stitches aren't as pretty as yours but overall I am pleased at how it turned out. Here is my quilt inspector, "Muffer", I think he approves too!
I added a piped trim before I put the binding on. It took me one month and one day to hand quilt it.

butterflies5518 07-12-2011 05:01 PM

I like the big stitching! Really cute pillow too...

butterflies5518 07-12-2011 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by auntobby
Barbara, Your stitches are so nice and even. I just love your pillow. So-o, I thought I would try your "Big Stitch" on a quilt.
My stitches aren't as pretty as yours but overall I am pleased at how it turned out. Here is my quilt inspector, "Muffer", I think he approves too!
I added a piped trim before I put the binding on. It took me one month and one day to hand quilt it.

This really nice, really like the quilting in black - it pops.

barnbum 07-12-2011 05:04 PM

I love that look! :thumbup:

poultney 07-12-2011 05:10 PM

So beautiful! It's like Sashtiko (sp). I have been doing some blocks to add to a quilt I am doing for son and daughter-in-law. It's nice to have something I can take with me to swim meets to work on when my granddaughter is waiting for her next heat.

watson's mom 07-12-2011 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by auntobby

Your quilting really pops, I like it .

skydiver70 07-12-2011 08:32 PM

Very nice work. I like the big stitch, too. Haven't tried it though.

4EVERquilt 07-12-2011 08:33 PM

I love, love it!!