Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Heartson- quilting progress pics (updated pics 1-25) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/heartson-quilting-progress-pics-updated-pics-1-25-a-t15552.html)

sandpat 01-18-2009 04:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Since you've all helped me sooo much with this quilt, I thought I would share the progress so far. I've started to quilt in the ditch around all the FG and it is not taking me quite as long as I thought it would. I remembered Izy's tip about doing those. :lol: (thanks Izy)

The feathered hearts are trapunto (and I learned that your trapunto design needs to be bigger that what I did..it doesn't puff up very well) I am thinking I will do a very smallstipple inside them to make the trapunto fluff up more. I know that is a technical term :wink: Anyway..I'm trying to decide whether to do that in the varigated ivory thread..or use a light, light burgundy to kind of thread paint it. What do you think?

I'd like to do the small stipple inside this heart
[ATTACH=CONFIG]8730[/ATTACH]

Finally got the label done...see how optimistic I am on the finish date?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25134[/ATTACH]

I'm working on the FG now..in the ditch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]25137[/ATTACH]

sandpat 01-18-2009 04:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
more

Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13457[/ATTACH]

Back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]13557[/ATTACH]

Back-These are some of the spacers that I made using the cut off scraps from the FG
[ATTACH=CONFIG]14683[/ATTACH]

Shadow Dancer 01-18-2009 04:47 PM

Wowzers!! It's GORGEOUS!! :)

jstitch 01-18-2009 04:48 PM

wow, you are doing a great job...

What was Izy's suggestion about the FG?

luvmy2bts 01-18-2009 04:51 PM

That is truly gorgeous! Lovely tribute to your Husband also.

Debbie

sandpat 01-18-2009 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by jstitch

What was Izy's suggestion about the FG?

Instead of going around each individual "goose"..just weave in and out along the side of the strip of geese. You probably knew that..but I didn't. :wink:

Here is another tip I learned recently...instead of feeling around underneath the quilt when I am ready to cut the thread...just raise your presser foot...move it away from where you were sewing...do the needle down thing (just like when you are starting) and you can pull up a loop of the bobbin thread...snip it and viola'...you are all set and no hunting under the quilt! Just be careful of those fingers....(don't ask... :oops: sewing accident :roll: )

barnbum 01-18-2009 05:28 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: It's... :shock: :shock: gorgeous!!!! WOW!!! The colors--the pattern--the quilting....Wow!!

pocoellie 01-18-2009 05:28 PM

Stunning!!!Gorgeous!!!Unbelievable work of art!!!

Jim's Gem 01-18-2009 05:41 PM

Looks beautiful. And your message is wonderful!! What a loving tribute to your husband!

butterflywing 01-18-2009 05:41 PM

if your husband doesn't love it, my husband would! we would just change the label.

pm your address and i'll send shipping.