Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Help me choose, Please! Updated Pics-is it to much? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/help-me-choose-please-updated-pics-much-t4286.html)

Chele 01-29-2008 03:23 PM

What a cute quilt! I vote for the same size border you show on the left. I love how the multi-colored border frames your pinwheels! That is one lucky baby! :D :D

P.S. Thanks for letting us vote. I voted in Florida today and it wasn't nearly as much fun! :lol:

bj 01-29-2008 04:13 PM

I love your quilt! I vote for the uniform strips, but I think it looks great without them. Don't you hate when you get one done then have to pick your brain for a way to make it a smidgen bigger? Very nice job!!!

thimblebug6000 01-29-2008 04:18 PM

If you have enough of the blue, could you make an inch wide binding of it instead? (just my opinion......) All those colours in the outside strip border draw your eye out there, instead of letting you focus on the beautiful pinwheels...

Moonpi 01-29-2008 04:18 PM

I'm for uniform sizing on this one, too.

Tiffany 01-29-2008 04:19 PM

I like the first one better. I find the last border with the stripe to be very distracting. It seems to take over the quilt and demand you look at it, taking away from the wonderful work you did with the top itself. That said, I think you'll find there are plenty of people who like the extra border. My suggestion is to walk away from it for a day or so, then walk back and take a good look at it. If you don't like the extra border and think it is too much, take it off. But you may find you like the extra color and the size of the quilt and keep it. I know, helpful, aren't I. :lol:
~Tiffany

barnbum 01-29-2008 04:21 PM

P.S. Thanks for letting us vote. I voted in Florida today and it wasn't nearly as much fun!
Oh how I love the sense of humor on here. :lol: :D :lol: :D

isnthatodd 01-29-2008 04:22 PM

I agree that the strip border takes away from the beautiful pinwheels. A wider blue border, or just as it is would look great :!:

ccbear66 01-29-2008 04:31 PM

I seem to agree the striped border does take away from the quilt. I think I would go with a solid color border.

bebe 01-29-2008 04:31 PM

I think the strips distract from the pinwheel they stop spinning when you add more around them. Maybe using 1 solid or muted color would be best if u need to make larger.
The quilt is great looking!!!!!!!!

Bebe

patricej 01-29-2008 05:31 PM

never let it be said i passed up an opportunity to be a contrary trouble maker. :lol:

i vote: keep the border already there. add a very narrow strip of solid all the way around to create a unified frame. then use the random as the binding. a narrower strip of it will show on the front, adding zest without distracting from the pinwheels. plus, the random colors and sizes will add interest to the back.