Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Help - odd fabric (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/help-odd-fabric-t70325.html)

vwquilting 10-15-2010 06:29 PM

I am not sure I would use it on my walls but a teenager would love it I would decorate some of them with hoop earrings.

b.zang 10-15-2010 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by szyquilt

Originally Posted by Ditter43
If the faces aren't too large, you could make some bags. Do some thread painting on the faces to give them a little more life. :?: :?:

I like this idea.

Another vote for making it into a bag. To me, that's what it screams. Or an oversize T-shirt. It looks like something you would wear.

oldhag 10-15-2010 06:49 PM

When I looked at it, the first thing that popped into my mind was a '60's style sleeveless dress and for some reason Jim Morrison. I like Ditter's idea too.I guess I'm with you onthis one.....I like it and if I had seen it,it would have come home with me too.

vintagemotif 10-15-2010 07:00 PM

A bit scary for my taste. You could use it on a back of a quilt. The front could be a whirligig pattern that has the colors in this print, or a black and white log cabin pattern with a red or orange center square.

leonajo 10-15-2010 07:19 PM

That is great Fabric for a large Tote Bag. Be sure and add some Red, lining maybe? Not sure if that is blue or purple shadings? on some of the faces? Might wanta pick that up too? Most of the best looking Totes ae really Bold. For prints that big, don't go for a small contrast print, the bolder and sharper the better. My bff is an Artist, and she makes incredable Tote Bags! These r her rules :)

oatw13 10-15-2010 07:44 PM

For some reason, I see a lampshade! It looks like something I might buy, too!

Maybe you can just cover a small canvas and hang it in the bathroom or kitchen?

I think a home should represent everyone's style! (Yes, ours is very eclectic.)

cathyvv 10-15-2010 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Debka
So, I bought this fabric on a trip in San Francisco, in Haight-Ashbury, at a craft store with a nice fabric section. At the time, I loved it, but my family hates it. I was going to use it decoratively, to wrap around a canvas and hang it on the wall, or make a quilted chair rail. But, it is still sitting unused.
I still think I like it, but I am at a loss as to what I can do with it.

Any suggestions? Do you like it? What would you do with it? (And no Halloween suggestions, please:-) - thanks.)

It is very 'Haight-Ashbury', isn't it? I like it, but I think I would get tired of it after awhile.

Naturalmama 10-15-2010 07:57 PM

Some of the eyes are scary, some are kinda cool - I think if you could cut where you wanted, a tote bag would be a great way to use it. Otherwise, do a canvas, with a "good" face centered - and put it in your sewing room or laundry room - somewhere that's "your" space.

QuiltQtrs 10-15-2010 07:58 PM

I woud add painted and decorative beading as ornate headbands, and
do some wild eyeglass frames.

Twilliebee 10-15-2010 08:03 PM

Make a couple of things you love (wrapping a canvas is a great idea) and hang it/use them in an area you use the most. What about 'upholstering' your sewing chair? I love the fabric. Great find!