Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Here is my Chicken quilt so far... Update: Borders done. :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/here-my-chicken-quilt-so-far-update-borders-done-t17004.html)

Mousie 03-09-2009 04:43 PM

Penny's right, Melissa.
This fabric is GREAT for your border. It doesn't upstage the center at all, bc the chickens in the outer border are smaller or appear to be. The ones in the center are 'show' chicks. The others on the outside are just everyday chicks going about their business. Well, your finally done and really have something there to crow about! fantastic job, I love it. :D

Harmony 03-09-2009 04:47 PM

The border is PERFECT! This is just about the cutest quilt I've ever seen! Are you going to hang it in your house?

mgshaw 03-09-2009 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Harmony
The border is PERFECT! This is just about the cutest quilt I've ever seen! Are you going to hang it in your house?

Its kind of on the large side ( 90 x 65) so I really dont have a good spot to hang it. But I do plan on making a 3 chicken wallhanging for my kitchen!

Memalinda 03-09-2009 05:21 PM

I love your quilt. I love chickens and roosters. I have been collecting the fabrics and will somday make a quilt. You did a great job.

sewnsewer2 03-09-2009 05:21 PM

Melissa I think you chose the perfect border fabric!! LOVE IT!

tlrnhi 03-09-2009 06:57 PM

FANTASTIC! You did a great job!

Celeste 03-09-2009 08:57 PM

Perfect!!

Katrine 03-09-2009 10:53 PM

good choice - it's a great quilt.

k3n 03-10-2009 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
Its kind of on the large side ( 90 x 65) so I really dont have a good spot to hang it.

Hey Melissa, I can help you out - I have REALLY high ceilings so it would hang up a treat at my place!!! :wink:

It's beautiful - a chicken quilt is something I must do soon, especially as I just got some great panels from the wonderful and kind Butterflywing! :D

K x

pennyswings 03-10-2009 05:27 AM

Marci.
I to think a lot about how I am going to quilt something.
Just a suggestion, do decorative zig-zag around the chickens, picking up the color of each chicken with the thread you use, then in the ditcv around the squares. Then random egg shapes on the border in black. Don't you dare not quilt this, it is too beautiful not to finish. I taught my self to machine quilt and I love it. I am still not a pro at it but I find it very theraputic, even more then making the actual quilt.
I am doing my first applique which I am quilting now. I am making a pillow sham to go with my youngest grandson's quilt. I am having so much fun quilting it. I designed a small bulldozer applique using one of the bulldozers on the construction vehicle print I used on the quilt. I will post it when I am done.
Bite the bullet girl, we all want to see this done!! Or you could send it to me and I will quilt it for you. :wink: :wink: :wink: Just kidding!!
Penny