Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Here is my Chicken quilt so far... Update: Borders done. :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/here-my-chicken-quilt-so-far-update-borders-done-t17004.html)

sandpat 03-10-2009 05:30 AM

OK..now you've done it!!! You just HAD to post the link to all that fabulous chicken fabric didn't you????? Well...of course...I went there this morning a dropped a load.... :lol: :lol: Can't wait for it to get here!!! :lol: :lol:

pennyswings 03-10-2009 06:20 AM

Melissa:
So sorry about getting the wrong name on my last post. I am NOT a morning person so I do not know what I was thinking.
:roll: Penny

Marcia 03-10-2009 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
OK..now you've done it!!! You just HAD to post the link to all that fabulous chicken fabric didn't you????? Well...of course...I went there this morning a dropped a load.... :lol: :lol: Can't wait for it to get here!!! :lol: :lol:

Oh, I feel so sad for you :cry: You were lured into the chickens without even realizing it. Once you start buying chicken fabric you cannot stop!!!!! I have made 2 chicken quilts and I still have a huge stack of fabric and I keep buying more---when I see cute chickens I just have to have them. First I shared with Melissa and Lori. Now I think you are going to be my next "victim".....PM me your address and I will send you a squishy package!! :lol:

tlrnhi 03-10-2009 06:42 AM

Poor Patti....they sucked you right in, didn't they? You didn't even see it coming! lol Courtney told me I should make one because they are CUUUTE! I told her I thought about it, but there really isn't any chicken fabric here to buy. Told her I would keep a lookout for it. Like I need another project to do, right? lol
Just glad it was you and not me that got sucked in at the moment. :)

Mamagus 03-10-2009 06:46 AM

And it is an addiction... my quilt doesn't even have borders added yet and I am wondering if I should start another one!!

But! I am also considering making a marine-themed quilt similar to the chicken idea for my son who is the resident marine biologist at this place...
http://www.racerocks.com

That might keep those chickens away for a few weeks!

jacquemoe 03-10-2009 06:47 AM

I LOVE IT! What a great chicken quilt and I love the border too. You do such wonderful work. Looks like you will be getting some more ribbons with that one.

marla 03-10-2009 09:12 AM

Good Job!
Love the border. I would have done the same if I could find that wonderful fabric!

pennyswings 03-10-2009 09:36 AM

mamagus:
Melissa did post the site where she purchased the chicken border. Go to this site and go to catalog, then type fish in the search. They seem to specialize in novelty fabrics. I think you will love the variety they have.
http://www.bearpawquilting.com/
Penny

Marcia 03-10-2009 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Poor Patti....they sucked you right in, didn't they? You didn't even see it coming! lol Courtney told me I should make one because they are CUUUTE! I told her I thought about it, but there really isn't any chicken fabric here to buy. Told her I would keep a lookout for it. Like I need another project to do, right? lol

Oooohhh, Terri---I smell another "victim" :lol: :lol: Do I need to get your started with a few fats from my never dwindling collection???? I think you would enjoy a chicken adventure and I would love to feed a new addiction for you!!

tlrnhi 03-10-2009 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Oooohhh, Terri---I smell another "victim" :lol: :lol: Do I need to get your started with a few fats from my never dwindling collection???? I think you would enjoy a chicken adventure and I would love to feed a new addiction for you!!

Ummm.........ummmm.........
Sure! Why not! I'll trade fats with you! What ya looking for/collecting?
I have some cute cat fabric :)

Maybe I'll make a cat quilt while I'm at it! lol