Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Here it is!!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/here-t18750.html)

Bevanger 04-10-2009 06:00 AM

you really should be proud. that is fantastic...... Keep up the good work

blzzrdqueen 04-10-2009 09:09 AM

Thank you all so much for your kind words! It means alot to me to know I can come to a place and get support from wonderful people like you all!

I've decided I'm going to do a flying geese border using black as the base and all the colors in the quilt as the corners. I think that will really put the finishing touch on it. Then I will do black for the binding.

sandpat 04-10-2009 09:18 AM

Beautiful job on your what...1st quilt????? I'm not sure I believe that, but you did great with it. If you are going to do the FG...I really like that idea...do you have a favorite or preferred way to do them? I did tons for a quilt this year and I found Paper piecing to be the easiest for me. Good luck and continue to have fun with it, I think it will look great with FG!

blzzrdqueen 04-10-2009 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Beautiful job on your what...1st quilt????? I'm not sure I believe that, but you did great with it. If you are going to do the FG...I really like that idea...do you have a favorite or preferred way to do them? I did tons for a quilt this year and I found Paper piecing to be the easiest for me. Good luck and continue to have fun with it, I think it will look great with FG!

I haven't tried paper-piecing yet. I'll try that when I start a new quilt. And yes, this was my first. I'm pretty good at teaching myself how to do things and I had alot of great advice from the people here. My mother-in-law was my inspiration to start quilting and I got all my block patterns from quilterscache.com.

omak 04-10-2009 10:35 AM

Your idea of flying geese as a border is a really good choice. The colors will POP!
Keep going ... you are too good to stop now! LOL

Debbie1 04-10-2009 11:59 AM

Your quilt turned out beautifully - no one would ever think this is your first quilt. I'm not sure what I'd do for a border. I like the idea about using colors from your block with black. Share the photo when you finish!

TeresaP 04-10-2009 02:49 PM

Your idea for the border sounds great. I'm sure htat will finish it off and bring all the units together.

Keep up the good work.

littlehud 04-10-2009 06:58 PM

Beautiful quilt. The black sets it off perfectly. Great job.

Mousie 04-10-2009 07:31 PM

...here's to finding a good man...oops, wrong thread.
Great quilt, and your first. I would say my first is my last, but then you'd think I meant quilt...don't mind me, I had sweets earlier... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

k3n 04-14-2009 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
...here's to finding a good man...oops, wrong thread.
Great quilt, and your first. I would say my first is my last, but then you'd think I meant quilt...don't mind me, I had sweets earlier... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

K x