Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Hot or Cold Packs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/hot-cold-packs-t84023.html)

Sweetness 12-20-2010 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
TY for the info regarding the corn. So much for trying this idea out....no such thing as "deer corn" in Hawaii. And certainly can't use that feed store corn (if I could find it as we have so much more insects than most places). Sigh....

Maybe you could use rice? Or some other grain that is clean and inexpensive there? My gf is in Hawaii now, unfortunately I don't know much about what's available there but I do know it's a lot different.

nannya54 12-20-2010 11:56 AM

You have packaged them up just darling! What a lot of work you've put into these. They are super cute!

QuiltDraggon 12-20-2010 12:29 PM

These are fabulous and you are a great woman to make all of those for him! I bet the men and women will all love them. I might need to go get some corn and try to make a couple from your directions.

QuiltDraggon 12-20-2010 12:38 PM

I have a question about the two contrast pieces, do you make them overlap and open sorta like an envelope pillow cover? So the inside can be taken out and then slipped back in?

Sweetness 12-20-2010 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltDraggon
I have a question about the two contrast pieces, do you make them overlap and open sorta like an envelope pillow cover? So the inside can be taken out and then slipped back in?

Maybe..I'm not sure what an envelope pillow cover is. But yes, they overlap by that 3" difference in the backing fabric in the middle of the cover.

So I stitched a seam on one short side of each of them <just to have a finished seam>, then put one right side to right side of backing fabric lining up the raw ends, then placed the 2nd piece the same way on the opposite end, then sewed around the 4 outside edges.

Hope this helps...first time I've ever tried to give directions *cringe*

QuiltDraggon 12-20-2010 12:53 PM

I thought that is what you were saying. Once side is a solid piece of fabric and the other side has an overlapped opening with the two pieces to get the corn inside or out. Thanks for responding so fast!

leiladylei54 12-20-2010 01:47 PM

Bugs, bugs, bugs. I purchased some warm rice bag soothers and here it is, a year later and they are shedding some fine dust (I'm sure it's from the rice inside). Yuck!!! Thought maybe your corn idea would have been better. Oh well.....was worth a shot.

Originally Posted by Sweetness

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
TY for the info regarding the corn. So much for trying this idea out....no such thing as "deer corn" in Hawaii. And certainly can't use that feed store corn (if I could find it as we have so much more insects than most places). Sigh....

Maybe you could use rice? Or some other grain that is clean and inexpensive there? My gf is in Hawaii now, unfortunately I don't know much about what's available there but I do know it's a lot different.

peterparley 12-20-2010 02:35 PM

I've been meaning to ask you for the directions for the hot/cold therapy pillows. Would you be willing to share it? Thank you, peterparley

peterparley 12-20-2010 02:42 PM

Sweetness, Love your name. I just came across the directions, Thank you Merry Christmas, peterparley

QuiltingHiker 12-20-2010 02:57 PM

I have to ask you, the corn doesn't pop when in the microwave??? I have to make gifts for all the girls in my DH office. These would be great for next year.