Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   This is how I spent my snow day; how did you spend yours? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/how-i-spent-my-snow-day%3B-how-did-you-spend-yours-t89376.html)

BizzieLizzie 01-10-2011 03:45 PM

Gorgeous!

purrfectquilts 01-10-2011 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6
I forgot to say how I spent my day. We get the snow tomorrow. I worked on my WIP, the silk quilt. I have the top and batting quilted together, now comes adding the silk velvet to the back. I have a funeral to go to tomorrow so won't get to the quilt till Wed. I will post when I get done. It will be so COOL, I hope.....

Sounds really cool; can't wait to see the picture. Sorry to hear about the funeral though.

SuziC 01-10-2011 03:56 PM

You really had a Great day..they are all beautiful :!:

clem55 01-10-2011 04:01 PM

love them!

quiltsRfun 01-10-2011 04:08 PM

Looks like a very productive day for you. I wasn't as productive but then I didn't get snow so that's my excuse.

Raggiemom 01-10-2011 04:27 PM

Beautiful, thank you for sharing.

pab58 01-10-2011 04:29 PM

Those little fleece blankets are just too cute for words!!! :-) I absolutely love the quilt!! The missionary is sure to love it!!! :thumbup:

quilting.addict 01-10-2011 04:45 PM

Somehow when I saw this post starting out, I KNEW you were in Georgia!! After reading through, I see that quite a few of us are enjoying our unusual winter wonderland! I finished a baby afghan (knitted) and was going to quilt. Suddenly the snow made me want to bake, so I made homemade bread. I risked broken 70 year old limbs to cross the street and bring a loaf to my neighbor!! Now I am going to work on crumb squares ( have 40 made and trying to decide what to use for sashing) before watching the BCS game at 8:30 pm est!!

Kara 01-10-2011 04:48 PM

The first quilt is beautiful!
The children's quilt are super cute!

purrfectquilts 01-10-2011 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by quilting.addict
Somehow when I saw this post starting out, I KNEW you were in Georgia!! After reading through, I see that quite a few of us are enjoying our unusual winter wonderland! I finished a baby afghan (knitted) and was going to quilt. Suddenly the snow made me want to bake, so I made homemade bread. I risked broken 70 year old limbs to cross the street and bring a loaf to my neighbor!! Now I am going to work on crumb squares ( have 40 made and trying to decide what to use for sashing) before watching the BCS game at 8:30 pm est!!

I thought about bread too! I usually bake mine instead of buying but decided to give myself a snow day and sew all day for the most part. It is melting now. I went out to get the mail and found a "care" package from my son. Groceries, a phone and some books to read. Hmm, might have to take some extra breaks tomorrow!

It looks to me like the weather is abating here, but I am told in TN that they are expecting more tomorrow and Wednesday. My son and family are right in the middle of moving from PA to TN, traveling in that weather.

Nice to chat with another fellow Georgian!