Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   how to quilt fleece/flannel??? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/how-quilt-fleece-flannel-t102396.html)

Leah Stewart 02-23-2011 12:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Okay, so, this was not my choice but my sister fell in love with this and I could not say no! LOL. Anyways the question I have is can I put something between the top and the backing to help me make the seems less visible without making it any hotter than the fleece flannel combo? I have a regular cotton backing and did not want to use batting because the baby will be here in July in sunny FLORIDA! Again I will say this material was not my choice, it was just nice to see her happy, her husband and all his family are upset because it is not a boy, like she could control that. I think it is my duty to make this work and I have no idea so I am desperately asking for help!!!! Could I put something like interface between it? Maybe? Ugh, help!!!!! Please!!!! LOL

dungeonquilter 02-23-2011 12:12 PM

A light muslin might work for you. I wouldn't worry about the seams being visible.

mytwopals 02-23-2011 12:13 PM

Tell the family to get upset with him and not her. She only has 2 X chromosomes and can't control her side of the pairing. He has the X and Y chromosomes, which do control boy vs. girl.

LoisN 02-23-2011 12:14 PM

You might just quilt it without batting. Just the top and the backing.

KittyGram 02-23-2011 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
Tell the family to get upset with him and not her. She only has 2 X chromosomes and can't control her side of the pairing. He has the X and Y chromosomes, which do control boy vs. girl.

This. And even if you/she can't tell his family this, then at least let HER know, so that any time anyone says anything to her about it, in her mind she can just laugh at them for being ignorant.

And about the quilt, yeah, a light muslin. Pretty quilt!!! I've never worked with minky, but I hear it's a pain, so congratulations!!!!

carhop 02-23-2011 12:17 PM

make two one with fleece and one with flannel that way you are giving her what she wnts and then you can use cotton for back/front

Leah Stewart 02-23-2011 12:18 PM

That was what I told her (not with the x y chromosome stuff, cause I could not remember what made it where he controlled it, just that he did control it) LOL! They are just jerks... LOL

Leah Stewart 02-23-2011 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by KittyGram

This. And even if you/she can't tell his family this, then at least let HER know, so that any time anyone says anything to her about it, in her mind she can just laugh at them for being ignorant.

And about the quilt, yeah, a light muslin. Pretty quilt!!! I've never worked with minky, but I hear it's a pain, so congratulations!!!!

Omg... that is what is it called, I could not remember, LOL... yes it is a super pain but anything for my sister! :-)

Leah Stewart 02-23-2011 12:22 PM

I think I will get some muslin, I never thought of that. The seems are thick and I am going to go over them with a zig zag stitch but I still worry! But now I will definitely try muslin.

Leah Stewart 02-23-2011 12:23 PM

Thanks everyone!