Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I am stumped (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-am-stumped-t37352.html)

ranger 02-19-2010 06:44 AM

That is a beautiful quilt. I'd go with the cream border.

paintedquilt 02-19-2010 06:53 AM

Beautiful. I'd go with the floating stars :thumbup: :thumbup:

QuiltingIdaho 02-19-2010 06:59 AM

What about the brown? Is it brown? The Brown-to me anyway, would not take away from the “busy”-ness of the top, it would be a darker color to "ground" the quilt... and still not distract from the paisley skirt.

I love color- and the cream (for me) is used to make the center "pop" but to take it down the sides I think would keep they eye wanting more.

I think if you used the paisley, it would distract away from the detailed stars and not give you the look you want- the paisley would give the eye too much to look at- but the brown (at least this is the color my screen shows me) would give a grounding color, make the sides "look" heavier YET, slim the sides down gently, making the center work really POP- and become the focal point!

and then…

make a extra wide binding in the cream to "frame" it- this will create a line of distinction to set off the skirt and give the quilt all the attention it deserves.

BUT- this is simply my own opinion... I think the decision is yours- and you need to do what you think is your personal taste! GOOD LUCK- I am sure that we would all like to see what you decide!! :) :) :) :)

Tippy 02-19-2010 07:10 AM

I think the cream would be lovely since you're having a paisley "skirt" .. you could sprinkle on some stars.. or even a small row of flying geese to continue the spikey theme and not distract from the quilt.

stitchinwitch 02-19-2010 07:25 AM

Yes! I would think mainly the cream, but maybe with a "vine" of the paisley with the blue "leaves every 8 inches or so -----just a thought!

cuppi duke 02-19-2010 07:38 AM

I would like the darker color on the border to help anchor it to the bed. It is a beautiful quilt and I love your colors. Great job

rootyr 02-19-2010 07:41 AM

I would like the paisley. I think it would ground it and make the top POP!

RedGarnet222 02-19-2010 08:02 AM

I said WOW when I opened this thread. This quilt is a stunner! I say it needs the blue on the outside to bring the main color into play.
The best way to "see" what it will look like is to pin it up to the wall and audition the different colors with it to see which one you like. It make a Big difference seeing it up on a wall.

redquilter 02-19-2010 09:51 AM

I think either the brown or the paisley. I fear the cream would look like you tried to make it bigger. I know that's what your're doing, but you don't want it to LOOK that way! At any rate - it's a gorgeous quilt and the color combo is wonderful.

sawsan 02-19-2010 10:45 AM

Your work is perfect I would say

Cream + 4 star corners . Then dark ruffle if u like