Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I did it :) The Rose 2009 Raffle Quilt for HD :) :) :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-did-rose-2009-raffle-quilt-hd-t19412.html)

Barb M 04-25-2009 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by mamatobugboo

Originally Posted by Barb M

Originally Posted by mpspeedy
It is beautiful. I hope it raises lots of money and awareness for your cause. As another who also has a rare disease I know how much it meant to you to be able to do this for yourself and others. Is there a place we can purchase chances on your lovely quilt?

Oh my gosh, i didnt think of that. I'm going to tell my hd forum about it, and im going to put up flyers locally. And, this is really huge, there is a world hd convention that happens once a year, and this year it just happens to be coming here to vancouver in september, and my hd clinic are the people organizing it, and so they said we can sell tickets at the convention too, and then draw the ticket at the convention. Wow, i would be honored if anyone here wanted to buy tickets too. I will be selling tickets for $5.00 each. The secretary at the hd clinic told me she will be happy to receive the ticket sales for me, and she has a special account set up for the Michael Hayden lab. I chose not to do this through the Canadian Huntington's Society, even though it would have got more publicity that way, but i wanted All the money to go straight to research, not some of it for admin fees. Michel Haydens research is world renouned, and he speaks all over the world, and i'm so lucky to go to ubc where his clinic is. I will do a posting tonight with ticket info for anyone that would like it :)

I will buy quite a few tickets if it is worked out to open it up to us too!

Oh, thank you sweetheart! I will look up the mailing and account info for the hd clinic tonight, and get my info together :) :) :)

sidmona 04-25-2009 03:13 PM

Your quilt is beautiful - you did a great job. I'm sure it will raise a lot of $.

Jim's Gem 04-25-2009 03:15 PM

Beautiful beautiful!!! Hope it brings in lots of money!!!

mgshaw 04-25-2009 03:17 PM

Way to go Barb :thumbup: :thumbup: It looks awesome and it is impossible to tell this is your first free motion quilting!!!!!!!!! Bravo, sweetie, Bravo!!!! :D :D

krabadan 04-25-2009 03:31 PM

It is a beauty!.

swimmom 04-25-2009 04:03 PM

Awesome - also love the back side!

Carol W 04-25-2009 04:08 PM

Beautiful!!!

littlehud 04-25-2009 05:51 PM

I love that quilt. So very pretty. Hope it raises lots of money for your cause.

amma 04-25-2009 06:06 PM

I love your quilt, it is beautiful, awesome quilting, and your poem is wonderful :D :D :D I am sure that it will bring in some big $$$ for your cause :D :D :D You did GREAT :D :D :D

Harmony 04-25-2009 06:49 PM

Barb, your quilt is just gorgeous, and it's obvious how much love went into it. You're such a special lady--hope you make a fortunate on this raffle!