Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I feel like I won the lottery. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-feel-like-i-won-lottery-t193921.html)

Peggy Jeanne 07-08-2012 04:45 PM

Oh you lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Digitizingqueen 07-08-2012 04:47 PM

I love Craigslist not always good deals but if you look you can find a golden cache of stuff

Katia 07-08-2012 05:00 PM

I finally got the big stacks of fabric gone through and measured. I tried to be conservative, and rounded down for everything. For just the big stuff, one yard and up I ended up with 122 yards total. That does not include any of the small stuff in the plastic bins.

The greatest thing I found was that I ended up with a great deal of Jinny Beyer designed fabric. Maybe a third to half of all of it is her stuff. I wish I had taken more time to look through the stuff the guy had, I might have had to make another trip to the bank. I did look at the quilts on the Jinny Beyer website and wow, her stuff is beautiful. Now to just figure out which I want to try.

Among the Jinny Beyer stuff there are six two yard pieces of fabric from the Luminosity collection. It's the Tiffany design I think. And they are all different. Any ideas of how to use these to take of advantage of their beauty ? Or should I add them into a border design?

Can you tell I am excited? I think I am a little crazy but I just keep looking at it all and enjoying the colors. And it is not like I don't already have a lot of fabric. I really do.

janegb 07-09-2012 03:16 AM

Great Big Score! Should keep you busy for awhile.

GrannieAnnie 07-09-2012 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Katia (Post 5349297)
I finally got the big stacks of fabric gone through and measured. I tried to be conservative, and rounded down for everything. For just the big stuff, one yard and up I ended up with 122 yards total. That does not include any of the small stuff in the plastic bins.

The greatest thing I found was that I ended up with a great deal of Jinny Beyer designed fabric. Maybe a third to half of all of it is her stuff. I wish I had taken more time to look through the stuff the guy had, I might have had to make another trip to the bank. I did look at the quilts on the Jinny Beyer website and wow, her stuff is beautiful. Now to just figure out which I want to try.

Among the Jinny Beyer stuff there are six two yard pieces of fabric from the Luminosity collection. It's the Tiffany design I think. And they are all different. Any ideas of how to use these to take of advantage of their beauty ? Or should I add them into a border design?

Can you tell I am excited? I think I am a little crazy but I just keep looking at it all and enjoying the colors. And it is not like I don't already have a lot of fabric. I really do.

Some of your bargains just need to be held and petted!

GrannieAnnie 07-09-2012 03:21 AM

Originally Posted by Helen S (Post 5348363)
That is awesome! And here I thought I got a great deal on Friday at a garage sale...just about 50 yards of a huge variety of high quality cotton fabrics for $7 !

Got pics of what you bought? Not a bad deal at all, just not as BIG a deal!

homecaregiver 07-09-2012 03:40 AM

How about some stack n whack for those prints, they could turn out very very nice. Congratulations on your find. It all looks so very nice.
Pat

luvstitches 07-09-2012 03:53 AM

Wow! Fantastic buy! I can see some great quilts coming from all of those.
I have the exact sewing machine as you. I love it!

Delta 07-09-2012 04:25 AM

wow wonderful you had better get busy and make some quilts.lol

Latrinka 07-09-2012 04:54 AM

And it looks like you did too! Beautiful fabs!