Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I FINISHED IT!!! Christmas gift... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-finished-christmas-gift-t32014.html)

Justquilting 12-21-2009 05:55 AM

You did a wonderful job on your first quilt.
The colors look perfect together. and everyone is right about your quilt still being there long after all the toys are broken.
I made one for my niece when she was born. She's 30 now & still has it. And it's been well loved!

Elisabrat 12-21-2009 05:58 AM

That was an ambitious project for a first run and you did a beautiful job on it. Your niece is gorgeous and while she might not have been thrilled with more than the box right then once its her blankie she will spend many a night curled up with it, cry on it, roll all over it, not be able to sleep without it.. it will be HER blanket and then... you get the thank you that we often wish the 'others' (those who don't quilt) are unable to give. I think the best thanks is the feeling I get inside when I gift something special that I have made. Making it makes me feel good (already a win situation) and giving it feels even better (a double win). Thats why we go on and make more and more.. creating something beautiful is a sharing a little piece of who we are. I love the reward of seeing my finished projects.. and immediately put them out of my mind.. so many more to start.

Bevanger 12-21-2009 06:09 AM

What an awesome quilt :-D :thumbup:

Oklahoma Suzie 12-21-2009 07:27 AM

wonderful job.

grammatjr 12-21-2009 08:16 AM

You did a beautiful job on the quilt! Don't let the first reaction discourage you. The more she uses it, and the more she grows, the more she will love it. I made a quilt for a baby - and he had no reaction at all! LOL. But, years later, he is still dragging it around, and won't sleep without it. The parents probably have no idea of the time and expense that went into it, as well as the blood, sweat and tears. But, I am sure it touched their hearts that you made something so wonderful for their little girl (who by the way, is a real cutie!). You did a great job, pat yourself on the back, and enjoy the love you put into it.

paintedquilt 12-21-2009 08:38 AM

Just wait until she snuggles down with it. The quilt is beatiful and you should be very proud of yourself.

May this be the first of many :thumbup:

kbiederman 12-21-2009 09:01 AM

That turned out so awesome Deeds!!!! I am so proud of you and can't wait to start our next ones!!!! I love the colors, and you were so creative with all the design and thought you put into it!! LOVE YOU SIS!!!

mytwopals 12-21-2009 12:09 PM

Very nice. Good job. :thumbup:

roselady 12-21-2009 10:52 PM

The quilt is great, and it is a wonderful gift, but the really neat thing is hearing the joy that you discovered in making the quilt. All of us quilters know exactly what you are feeling in completing this quilt, and it is a feeling I would wish for everyone to experience.

Deecee 12-21-2009 11:05 PM

Your quilt is just beautiful and I love the colours you have used. Make sure you keep a photo of it while it is fresh and new because baby looks as if she won't be letting it go. You will always get satisfaction looking at the photo and remembering what a great job you did on your first quilt.