Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I FINISHED IT!!! Christmas gift... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-finished-christmas-gift-t32014.html)

dglvr 12-21-2009 11:57 PM

That is beautifal. You did a wonderful job. Great fabrics too.

amma 12-22-2009 02:39 AM

WOW!!! You did an awesome job on it!!! No one would ever know it is your first quilt :D:D:D
Daddy is smiling pretty big...I think he liked it!!!
The little one would like the box no matter what came in it... I wrapped extra boxes for mine when they were little as the unwrapping and playing with the boxes was the most fun part to them :roll: She will grow and come to love the quilt her Auntie made for her :D:D:D

maggiemuggins 12-22-2009 08:22 AM

What a beautiful quilt...as many have said not everyone knows how much work goes into making a quilt..but you know just knowing that it will be covering that sweet little one will make up for the disappointment in the adults reactions...she will find it cuddly and warm.

heidikins 12-22-2009 08:44 AM

What a beautiful quilt! You did a wonderful job!

weezie 12-22-2009 09:15 AM

The quilt looks wonderful ... good colors, good size, puffy, cuddly and perfect for that lovely little girl. Some people have an underdeveloped sense of gratitude. That's their loss! You have the satisfaction of knowing the real worth of the gift and I think that's the best any of us can hope for. When I give what I think is the "perfect" gift, I'm satisfied. I refuse to take any responsibility whatsoever for someone else's lack of manners or gratitude. You done good!

alaskasunshine 12-22-2009 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Only quilters really understand all the love, time and thought that goes into making a quilt!! So, unless they live with you and know what you go thru, they will never understand!!

Your quilts is WONDERFUL!!!!! If it came here, I'd be jumping out of my seat!! You did fabulous my dear! Keep it up.

These are my sentiments exactly!

Mamaskeeto 12-22-2009 09:29 AM

Amazing job for your first quilt.

deedles215 12-22-2009 09:42 AM

Ahh!!! Next time I need a little boost, I know for SURE to come back here! You guys are all so kind! I'm misting up here... Thank you. Sincerely.
I WAS ambitious for my first quilt, but do you fault me for that little face? Isn't she such a honey?! Every time I got discouraged, I got her picture out, and got back to work. :)
I hope she treasures it as she gets older. It is FAR from perfect, but there's lots of love sewn in, and that's what counts. I learned a lot in the process.
Thanks for the affirmation. I needed it- I am so awed by the work that others show on here, I know this little quilt doesn't match up, but I am so excited to keep going- you guys have gotten me ADDICTED to quilting!!! It's a sickness, and every person on here will admit it too!
THANK YOU!!!

dglvr 12-22-2009 10:18 AM

Sickness is right. Ha. Just ask my husband.
Hey we have all been beginners. We all have that first quilt.
You have to start somewhere. I started sewing about 7 years ago. I didn't even know what a bobbin was. Pathetic huh?
Well I worked full time up until about a year ago. I don't work anymore. Up until then I didn't get alot of sewing in. Now I'm sewing more and still consider myself a beginner. I probably always will. I do try and pick some more challenging patterns here and there but everything you do is a learning experience for the next project.
Hope you have fun and hope to see more pictures. Your doing great. Cute pup in your avatar
;-) :thumbup:

Bobbinwinder 12-22-2009 10:36 AM

Wow, that's a really cute little girl! Oh, and that is one fantastic first quilt! Betcha she's going to love it just a bit more with each day that passes.