Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I finished hand quilting this morning (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-finished-hand-quilting-morning-t276648.html)

isewman 03-12-2016 09:58 AM

I finished hand quilting this morning

5 Attachment(s)
The pattern is called Georgia Peach from a book by Judy Martin-Ultimate Book of quilt block patterns. In away, I'm a little disappointed in me, now. I dont have a quilt to start hand quilting on. After I make 24 blocks for my long arm lady friend. I have to make a backing & binding for my grdsons quilt, I finished the other day. And then make binding for my quilt I just finished hand quilting. EVERYONE take care. I do want yous to know I used black and cream quilting threads[ATTACH=CONFIG]544624[/ATTACH]Heres the quilt itself[ATTACH=CONFIG]544625[/ATTACH]A close up of the block[ATTACH=CONFIG]544627[/ATTACH]Some of the quilting around the corners[ATTACH=CONFIG]544626[/ATTACH]This is what all of the corner look like[ATTACH=CONFIG]544628[/ATTACH]This is what I got when joining the blocks together without sashing strips.I had 1 more comment, but senior blank moment, kicked in

julie 03-12-2016 10:11 AM

wow! very nice! I need to get back to hand quilting.

Pennyhal 03-12-2016 10:14 AM

Fantastic quilt! Your quilting is just perfect! I love the look of hand quilted quilts and yours looks so cozy.

roguequilter 03-12-2016 10:15 AM

this is a gorgeous quilt! your handquilting is as beautiful & well done as your block/quilt piecing. i always love seeing your latest quilt finishes! i too have used colored thread like black when hand quilting. i like the look on yours too. when i started handquilting years ago it was so relaxing it reminded me of doing embroidery. so, i experimented with doing what you did here. i've done it several times now and love the look. a suggestion tho? i have a couple of small handquilting projects i can go to when the big, need to finish, project done. all the chatter about ufo's & wip's are, in my mind silly. our quilting predecessors would never have worried about such and neither do i. i have a pretty little wall hanging that took 13 yrs to complete, from first fabric cut to last stitch in binding. it recieves many compliments when visitors see it & i've grown to love telling them how many years i worked on it. so ..make something & put together a project that's just for the joy of doing, not worry about finishing. a "go to" forever project. :o

ManiacQuilter2 03-12-2016 10:22 AM

This is a gorgeous quilt Don and your hand quilting is exceptional, much better than mine. Wish I lived close because I would drop off one of my UFOs! Stay warm and be safe. :)

tessagin 03-12-2016 10:22 AM

Love all your quilts and your hand quilting is superb!!

Kwiltr 03-12-2016 10:24 AM

Very nicely done hand quilting!

RedGarnet222 03-12-2016 10:45 AM

Such a lovely quilt and the quilting is so wonderful. What a treasure.

Susanna10 03-12-2016 10:47 AM

It is beautiful. I cannot hold a needle so all of my quilts are machine quilted. I am very envious of you.

annt59 03-12-2016 10:50 AM

Congratulations! This is a work of art.