Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I finished my Pioneer BOM top (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-finished-my-pioneer-bom-top-t35820.html)

Marcia 02-05-2010 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Hi Marcia,

WOW!! :shock: This is one of the prettiest quilts of this BOM I've seen so far! :D Must be the Kansas Troubles fabrics, and of course your excellent workmanship. :thumbup:

May I ask what your ideas are for quilting it? I've kinda been stumped with how to best quilt samplers. Do you treat each block individually, or do you do an all over design? I'm working on a sampler that has 22 blocks, two of eleven different blocks, so was wondering how you get your inspiration. :?:

Again, awesome job!!

Thanks for the kind words. I think it is the fabrics that give the quilt a warm fuzzy feeling. You can never go wrong with Kansas Troubles.

I wish I had some great ideas for the quilting. I am going to tackle each block individually and find inspiration in some of the books I have purchased with quilt patterns in them. I am not good at free motion quilting at all, so I do know that my borders will be a grid of some kind. I will post again when I have it finished---but don't be holding your breath, because it is not going to be any time real soon! :)

quilter1962 02-05-2010 11:18 AM

Oh My Marcia

It's stunning then I knew it would be - love all the framing & borders you've added to. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh KT fabris you just can't beat them.
I have my fabric to do mine too may have a go over the next few weeks if I can get motivated.

Tisha

oksewglad 02-05-2010 01:54 PM

Nice finish!

Oklahoma Suzie 02-05-2010 02:59 PM

Nice

jojo47 02-05-2010 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia

Originally Posted by Quiltgranny
Hi Marcia,

WOW!! :shock: This is one of the prettiest quilts of this BOM I've seen so far! :D Must be the Kansas Troubles fabrics, and of course your excellent workmanship. :thumbup:

May I ask what your ideas are for quilting it? I've kinda been stumped with how to best quilt samplers. Do you treat each block individually, or do you do an all over design? I'm working on a sampler that has 22 blocks, two of eleven different blocks, so was wondering how you get your inspiration. :?:

Again, awesome job!!

Thanks for the kind words. I think it is the fabrics that give the quilt a warm fuzzy feeling. You can never go wrong with Kansas Troubles.

I wish I had some great ideas for the quilting. I am going to tackle each block individually and find inspiration in some of the books I have purchased with quilt patterns in them. I am not good at free motion quilting at all, so I do know that my borders will be a grid of some kind. I will post again when I have it finished---but don't be holding your breath, because it is not going to be any time real soon! :)

What about echo quilting in some of your blocks? I'm still working on some of My pioneer blocks and that's what I am considering doing.

craftybear 02-05-2010 06:20 PM

Wow, awesome quilt and I love the colors!

Karen

Chele 02-05-2010 06:21 PM

So pretty! Love the sashing!

Grandma Cindy 02-05-2010 08:08 PM

:thumbup: :lol: :roll:

mamatobugboo 02-06-2010 06:34 AM

Marcia, that is gorgeous!

lupee60 02-09-2010 05:47 PM

love it :thumbup: