Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I got my quilt back from the longarmer (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-got-my-quilt-back-longarmer-t132007.html)

0tis 06-21-2011 08:16 AM

Ditto on what Charismah said - really she needs to know in order to improve her skills - a little constructive criticism is a good thing. Of course, she may be hurt but if you are tactful and approach it as a learning experience it can be good all around. Perfect opportunity for improvement.

leatheflea 06-21-2011 08:46 AM

Okay I was looking for ways to fix the quilt myself, but after the response I got I suppose talking the the LA'er is the answer. Thank you all for your help. She really is a good quilter, and a very nice woman I wouldn't want her to give up or feel bad because we didnt see eye to eye on the quilting. I'll find a tactful way to approach this.

BizzieLizzie 06-21-2011 08:52 AM

Most people are proud of their work and would welcome feedback good or bad so that they know where it is that their strength is and where it is that they are not as strong and needing a little more attention. I'm sure that you will find that she would appreciate your feedback rather than being kept in the dark. Best wishes.

feline fanatic 06-21-2011 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea
I wouldn't want her to give up or feel bad because we didnt see eye to eye on the quilting. I'll find a tactful way to approach this.

You've already found it! Just say this!

Lori S 06-21-2011 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jim
If you don't tell her that you don't like it..how would she know you didn't. And she may do the same for another customer...I'd much rather be told myself

I agree .. if you do not say anything .. she/he will think she did a fine job. ....

I know its not easy to say ... but do find the words, you will both benefit.

Glassquilt 06-21-2011 10:45 AM

Any good business person wants to be told the truth - politely.

mcdaniel023 06-21-2011 11:11 AM

When you start the conversation, start on a positive note. Tell her how much you like the other quilts. The tell her the part you have problems with on this quilt. Ask if she is willing to add what you would like and when she says yes,
that her and tell her you can't wait to see. I bet she will be fine.

rosemaynes 06-21-2011 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by leatheflea

Originally Posted by Havplenty
so sorry. that is definately not a professional job. can you get another longarm quilter to take a gander at making it beautiful?

I hate to take it to the other lady I've used, afraid she might get offened that I didnt bring it to her in the first place.

As a Longarm Quilter.... I would absolutely want to know that I have not met your expectations. I think you need to bring it back to the same quilter that did the work and show her that you are not happy and then ask her what she can do to fix it.
Rose