Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I Got New Templates Today!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-got-new-templates-today-t38842.html)

Rhonda 03-07-2010 08:03 PM

Actually she used them in a way I had never thought of! I cut out 1" half square triangles. Danmar cut out 1 1/2" squares and matched up the squares. Then she drew down the middle of all of them and sewed 1/4" from the line on each side. Then cut along the line. The way most people make HSTs. Then she cut them apart and used them. I never thought of combining the two techniques before.

retrogirl02 03-07-2010 08:05 PM

VERY COOL! Don't you just love that about the board? Someone is always here to inspire creativity!! =)

Rhonda 03-07-2010 08:10 PM

Yes it is so great to see new things happen!

danmar 03-07-2010 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
Actually she used them in a way I had never thought of! I cut out 1" half square triangles. Danmar cut out 1 1/2" squares and matched up the squares. Then she drew down the middle of all of them and sewed 1/4" from the line on each side. Then cut along the line. The way most people make HSTs. Then she cut them apart and used them. I never thought of combining the two techniques before.

That's how I do all my other HST's on quilts and I hadn't read about your shortcuts yet. I'll have to try doing it that way too.

danmar 03-08-2010 12:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm still playing with my new templates. I played with the Kaleidoscope template tonight. Rhonda helped me alot. Thank you Rhonda. Here's a picture of my very first Kaleidoscope. I love it. I have to fix that one seam that was too deep in the center. I'm off to play some more.

My Very First Kaleidoscope 3-8-10
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1630[/ATTACH]

danmar 03-08-2010 04:46 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I have insomnia alot of nights so I get alot of quilting done. LOL I didn't go to bed again last night so here's pictures of what I was doing. They aren't sewn together yet, just laid out but I think they are going to be great looking as long as I don't mess them up. Have you got your templates yet? They're alot of fun!!!!

Kaleidoscope #2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1697[/ATTACH]

Kaleidoscope #3
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1781[/ATTACH]

danmar 03-08-2010 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another one, #4. I'm sewing them together now.

Kaleidoscope #4
[ATTACH=CONFIG]1853[/ATTACH]

Rhonda 03-08-2010 08:01 AM

Those came out fantastic marilyn!! Now I wish I had waited to see more before going to bed!! LOL But 2am was my limit last night! or rather this morning! LOL

danmar 03-08-2010 08:12 AM

Thanks for all the help Rhonda. It was fun visiting all night! I've got #1 and #2 sewn together.

Grama Lehr 03-08-2010 08:17 AM

Rhonda, I received my cute little templates on Saturday. Thank you for sending them to me! I love the little ones. I'm signed up for the 1&1/2 squares for next month, so the tiny one will really come in handy!! Thank you! Marie