Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   I have been tempted by Burgoyne Surrounded (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/i-have-been-tempted-burgoyne-surrounded-t218983.html)

Rosyhf 04-17-2013 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by AZ Jane (Post 6008629)
I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...................... It actually seems fairly simple when it is broken down into sections. BUT - how much fabric to buy? My daughter wants a pink "laying on the couch" quilt and I want to try this. Any clue??

Haven't a clue, as I used scraps. Depending on the size quilt, I suppose.

carolstickelmaier 04-17-2013 03:14 PM

I love, love, love your block. Even my colors. I seem to have lots of little pieces of batiks left over. Maybe when I get the four I am currently working on done the next one will be mine....all mine and done with your block. I hope you don't mind me using your ideas. I will be definitely looking forward to seeing the completed quilt.

ube quilting 04-17-2013 03:20 PM

Roseyhf, You are amazing. This is so cool. Your work is awesome.
peace

QUILTNMO 04-17-2013 03:24 PM

very nice and great colos!!!!

Rosyhf 04-19-2013 02:27 PM

Thank you ladies. There is a book out with this quilt but I just got the block out of Block Base and did the modifications. If you google the block, you can find lots of free patterns and adjust as needed. I will get back to this quilt, using scraps as soon as I finished the quilt I am working on.

RedGarnet222 04-19-2013 02:56 PM

Oh how fun! I also have this on my list to do. I want to make it in a two color quilt. This block is very easy and I am sure it won't take too long to make. But, you know the list has to be finished in the order I wrote it.... lol. The fabric and pattern is all there and waiting for me. I think my son who loves history will get a kick out of it.

You do know this was the piviotal battle that was called the Saratoga battle.

" Burgoyne surrendered on October 17, 1777. By the terms of the Convention of Saratoga, Burgoyne's depleted army, some 6,000 men, marched out of its camp "with the Honors of War" and stacked its weapons along the west bank of the Hudson River. Thus was gained one of the most decisive victories in American and world history."

It would make a great Quilt of Valor.

Rosyhf 04-20-2013 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 6013488)
Oh how fun! I also have this on my list to do. I want to make it in a two color quilt. This block is very easy and I am sure it won't take too long to make. But, you know the list has to be finished in the order I wrote it.... lol. The fabric and pattern is all there and waiting for me. I think my son who loves history will get a kick out of it.

You do know this was the piviotal battle that was called the Saratoga battle.

" Burgoyne surrendered on October 17, 1777. By the terms of the Convention of Saratoga, Burgoyne's depleted army, some 6,000 men, marched out of its camp "with the Honors of War" and stacked its weapons along the west bank of the Hudson River. Thus was gained one of the most decisive victories in American and world history."

It would make a great Quilt of Valor.

Oh what a great idea. The block could be included in a quilt of Valor of different blocks. I don't know very much American History but I do read up about it, as I did with this block.

4EVERquilt 04-22-2013 06:56 AM

that is coming out awesome, please post some more on your progress.

Blinkokr 04-22-2013 06:58 AM

Great job and thank you for sharing
Have a Blessed day
Ellen

Stitch124 04-29-2013 05:03 AM

Rosyhf -- You are an amazing quilter. I've just started to quilt. Finishing up my fourth lap quilt. Mostly followed kits using specific fabrics. I don't think I'm very good yet at picking out colors to go together. Maybe that will come.

Are there there any books you could recommend that teach about color combinations. Someday, I'd like to do an amazing quilt with a unique pattern and very colorful. Haven't found one that I feel compelled or competent to do, without learning color combinations yet. Your quilts are beautiful.